How do I stop the issues with my device?
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on my 3rd G2, with 3 different sim cards, from two different Verizon locations, and they've all done this. I've been able to demonstrate it for Verizon store personnel and other people. The issue does not occur when I switch back to my old cell phone. Oh, on a store manager's suggestion, I've also tried going in to Settings --> Tethering & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> System Select --> Network mode --> and toggled through those options as well as checking the noise cancellation box.

I'm hoping others will comment if they're having a similar issue so maybe Verizon/LG will look in to it.

Thanks!

P.S. I'll be posting on a few other boards. Apologies in advance for the dupes!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are still within the 14 day return policy period, I would suggest exchanging the phone for another device. It sounds like a hardware issue. You might want to process a warranty claim on it if you are past the 14 days.

PS please don't post duplicate messages on this community forum. They will only getddeleted since that is against the Terms of Service here on the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are still within the 14 day return policy period, I would suggest exchanging the phone for another device. It sounds like a hardware issue. You might want to process a warranty claim on it if you are past the 14 days.

PS please don't post duplicate messages on this community forum. They will only getddeleted since that is against the Terms of Service here on the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

If I had a reliable phone to fall back on I would have thrown in the towel on this one, already. Unfortunately, I don't, and Verizon's other offerings, with possibly the exception of the too-large Note 3, all pale in comparison to this phone. I got stuck with the HTC Thunderbolt disaster on my last upgrade and I'm not keen to get stuck with another phone that I don't like. Still weighing my options.

PS By "other boards" I meant elsewhere rather than the VZW Community 😃

0 Likes
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during   calls
hvagoodday

I just bought my phone 9/30/14 and am having the same issue.  Took it back and they gave me a new LG G2.  Still having the same issue.  Love the phone, but I'm going to have to switch to something else due to this problem.  Did you find a solution?  Does it have to do with the 4G network/tower issue others are having?  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
hvagoodday

I wanted to follow up on this thread.  I just contacted verizon (800-922-0204) and was essentially told that they had no known issues like this.  Apparently, me calling to ask about the issue did not warrant them to make it a known issue.  Sounds like because the G2 is so new, Verizon doesn't have any complaints on this particular issue and has no solution for it.  While searching online I found a few forums where this topic was being discussed but there were not any solutions or tips to correct this.  Most people just switched to a different brand of phone.  Seems a shame to me as I really like the LG G2, but not being able to carry on a conversation is a big deal when you are referring to a mobile phone.  I did try calling LG, but again, was basically told they haven't heard of anything like that.  LG was willing to issue a return authorization for me to send my phone to them and they would see if they could fix it.  Unfortunately there's only a 14 return period and there is no guarantee that LG could fix the issue (especially since they don't know there is an issue). 

Good luck!

0 Likes
captbly

I am on my second phone with same issues, was told last week to wait until more phones came in from different lot #s, and store manager called customer service, added me to a growing list with same issues. With the hope of LG rushing out an update, I called the store this morning to go swap my phone out, and was told Verizon will not replace anymore phones until LG ships them new ones with the problem corrected. If you are inside the 14 days, you only have the choice of picking a new phone, or keeping the G2, and waiting for update, or new ones shipped out. I asked if I kept my phone and waited for new phones would mine be replaced, and wasnt given an answer.

0 Likes
NewEnglandBound

I also just got my second one today because of this issue with the first one.  I put my sim in, went through the setup and the first thing I did was call an automated number (my cable company) to listen with the earpiece.  Not 5 words in from the automated message that I started to hear the crackling and popping.  What a bummer, like everyone else I love this phones specs, and after using knock on for 3 days with my first one I had to go back to my GS3 and tried to use knock on 3 or 4 times before realizing it wouldn't work...I guess I'm going to go in to the VZW store and get a note 2 or something else.  What a shame, I really liked this phone.  As for a solution I have not found anything about a fix but don't want to sit around and hope one comes out while my return window disappears.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for that! I'm going to call around and see if I get the same story!

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks! The more folks that chime in, the more likely they do something about this 😃

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your post and the follow up. Gotta love the Verizon stonewalling... sigh. Anyway, hopefully what "cpatbly" was told is the real deal and they weren't just stringing him along.