Red exclamation mark beside incoming text message
toddbethune

I have a Note 2 and I have one contact that her incoming text messages have a red exclamation mark beside them. I have only had the note a couple of weeks and before that I had an iphone 4 and it didn't do it but we imessaged each other and before my iphone 4 I had a droid bionic and her messages came in the same way!! Someone please HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Red exclamation mark beside incoming text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi toddbethune,

Let's look into this! Are the text messages received blank and simply contain the exclamation mark? Or are you requesting to know what the exclamation mark represents?Please clarify, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us onTwitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
toddbethune

the messages have content but when they come in at the top left corner they have a red exclamation mark. And its only for the one contact that it does it. I don't think all of her messages are coming thru. How can I get the red exclamation mark off?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info toddethune! I'm confident that we can get this mystery solved. May I ask is the contact in question a Verizon Wireless customer? Also, what model device do this person have? Can I assume that both you and the contact are using the default messaging app and not a 3rd party downloaded app? As always, we are here to support you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
toddbethune

They are not a Verizon wireless customer. They have C Spire. We are both using the default messaging app and she has an Iphone 4s.

Thank you!

0 Likes