Iphone 5s Activation Problems
Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased an unlocked IPhone from the Apple Store because the Verizon store could not activate a phone because I was on a Corporate plan. I also have a personal plan. I brought it home, called the business line and they activated the phone only to find them telling me I had a bad SIM card. I returned it to Apple and they told me that they have received many back for the same reason and it it probably because I have an unlimited plan and their systems are not allowing the activation to go through. I think this is very unethical to treat your loyal customers. I am stuck now with a 4s. I have been a customer for over 20 years and you would think that would mean something to the company. Very,Very Sad!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5s Activation Problems
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You can't use the "unlocked" version from the Apple store on Verizon. You need the Verizon one.  If you purchase the Verizon one at full price, then you can activate that on Verizon and keep your unlimited data.

Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't understand that. Why can you buy a Verizon unlocked phone with a Verizon Sim in it at the Apple store? When I was there there were two Verizon reps who knew what I was trying to do and did not have an answer or did they pull me aside and tell me to get it from a Verizon store. I was hoping a Verizon support person would confirm what to do.

0 Likes
Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgot to say thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If it is a Verizon branded iPhone 5s with a Verizon SIM, then you should be able to activate it on Verizon.

If that is the case, then something else is going on.

0 Likes
Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I am confused if I am exchanging with a Verizon employee or someone else. It was a Verizon branded phone. I would love to be able to talk to someone on the phone versus a blog.

Thanks

Fred

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Freddawg,

Let's clear all confusion! Please follow me and send me a direct message including your wireless number and account verification (same you verify when you call us), and I'll access your account and reach out to you to explore options to resolve this activation issue.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Antonio, My cell number is >>removed<<. It is under Hewlett Packard. I actually have an upgrade available as I haven't had a news phone under this plan a long time. I would love to personally pay for a 64g 5s and get it turned on. can you help with that? Thanks replying to my problem.

Fred

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Freddawg wrote:

Hello, I am confused if I am exchanging with a Verizon employee or someone else. It was a Verizon branded phone. I would love to be able to talk to someone on the phone versus a blog.

Please stop posting personal information on this public forum; it's against the forum's Terms of Service.

You can send a private message to Antonio by sending them a Follow request at that they'll have to approve; they'll have to send you a Follow request that you'll have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, you can then Direct Message each other, i.e.,

How To: Direct Message

0 Likes
Freddawg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Tikibar1, Sorry, but I am not an expert on using these forums and don't when to reply in an e-mail, how to provide a private message, or now following on Twitter.

0 Likes