Micro SD card content not recognized in LG Cosmos 3
Kc48grn

I upgraded my LG Cosmos to a LG Cosmos 3. I put the Micro SD card from the old phone to the new phone. When I look for the content in card memory or pictures or music, it says no content found. I turned the phone off and took the card out and put it in my card reader, and there was all my pics and music. I saved all the content and then reformatted the card, then put it back on the card. Still nothing. Any ideas?  Kevin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Micro SD card content not recognized in LG Cosmos 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kc48grn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am glad to see that you moved up to one of our nicer basic phones. I'm sorry that you are having trouble moving your pictures over. When you take the SD card out of the original phone are the pictures still on that phone even if the card is not in? Also being these are a few generations apart the sd card may not format with those picture formats. I would also suggest uploading the pictures to your computer and transferring them to the new phone via a USB cable. Please keep us updated on this situation.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thruxton71

I just upgraded from an LG-VX11000 to a Cosmo 3, and while my memory card will fit the new phone, not of my pictures are available. In fact, I cannot see how to save new photos to the memory card. Any resolution of this problem? I don't know if I can upload to a PC from the old phone.. it no longer is activated.. any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your upgrade, thruxton71. I understand the need of safe guarding those memories. If you are unable to view the pictures on the SD card from Cosmos, you may need to transfer the pics from the LG-VX11000 to the computer and from the Computer to the Cosmos. Here is how:

To transfer pics from LG-VX11000 to Computer: Connect device to computer using USB cable. Go into device menu and choose Tools > Mass Storage > Open up My Computer from PC, Drag photos from Removable Drive to a pic folder on PC. To transfer from computer to Cosmos: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/44924/

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thruxton71

That worked!  Thanks.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear this was resolved thruxton71! Don't hesistate to contact us if you need anything else or visit our support page anytime http://bit.ly/yN1P80 .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes