9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 1:43 AM by shollar RSS

My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update

cavecanem

I have an iphone 4s.  After I upgraded to ios 7, the my verizon app stopped working.  Today, the app got an update in the app store to version 3.6.0.  I installed the update, but it still does not work.  When I run it, it spins the circle dots for a while and comes back with "Error: A communication error has occured [sic]. Please ensure Internet connection and try again."  And it has a "Reload App" button, which I press, and it does the same thing.  This happens whether I'm on wifi or 3g.  Several times I've tried rebooting the phone, deleting and reinstalling the my verizon app, but it still doesn't work.  Does anyone else have this problem?  How did you solve it?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi Cavecanem,

I apologize that you are having issues with the ios 7 update. The update needs to be working so the other items functions. Did you use wi-fi to to download and install the update? Ensure you are able to install the update and when all completed, try the My Verizon App with perhaps deleting it and doing a clean install of the app.

Thanks,
          EdW_VZW
          Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

• 2. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
            cavecanem

Please reread my post.  I've already installed ios 7, and I already have the most up-to-date version of My Verizon, and I've already deleted and reinstalled it several times.  I'm not able to get My Verizon to work.  It says "Error: A communication error has occured [sic]. Please ensure Internet connection and try again."

Thanks.

-Scott

• 3. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi Scott
              I'm very sorry your having issues with the application. This is not a known issue. Please try resetting the network and retesting.Here's how: http://bit.ly/SZ87Gk

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

• 4. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                drjrnorris

I am having the exact same problem using the same phone with i OS 7. All parameters are exactly the same. We aren't the only ones. Read the App reviews for My Verizon Mobile's current update in Apple's App store. I have yet to try the Network Reset, and won't until I know that I'm not going to screw something else up.

• 5. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                  Romuald911

I have the same problem with this crazy IOS 7 Update! After the upgrade to IOS 7 my son's phone would not connect to the internet. These people at Verizon Wireless store told us that they did everything they can with no luck including restoring the phone, etc!  We spent 3hrs Friday and the whole day Saturday at this store.. I was very frustrated with their service. We are getting billed $313.00 a month and they can't even fix or even find a solution for this problem only to find out that everybody's having the same problem on this IOS 7 upgrade on this FORUM!  Wasted my days off! Please, I need a person that can solve this problem or Verizon need to send us another phone since we can't retrieved back to IOS 6 and I will send you the Iphone that got messed up! We tried to RESTORE it through ITUNES with no luck. The store people did the same thing. The store manager doesn't have no clue on what to do!

• 6. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                    cavecanem

I did the network reset, but that didn't help.  FYI if you're thinking of resetting network settings, the only negative side-effect is that the phone forgets all of its wifi networks.

I did a restore from backup via iTunes, and that didn't help either.

I've had a couple other issues with iOS 7, and what I did was reset the firmware via iTunes but I didn't restore from backup.  Now My Verizon works.  The reason I did this drastic step was because my Safari was messed up in iOS 7 in another way, and restoring from backup didn't help that either, but I had a hunch that getting Safari fixed would fix My Verizon.  (I can't know for sure if I was right about that.)

Here's the thing:  Apps like My Verizon that really just load web pages use Safari's settings for the web. So I would try this if I were still stuck with My Verizon not working: Go into Safari settings, and clear cookies and history and cache data, and make sure the "Block Cookies" setting is set to either "Never" or "From third parties and advertisers."  Then reboot your phone for good measure, and try My Verizon again.

• 7. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                      drjrnorris

I Got it working, thanks to you! I went into Safari settings, cleared cookies and data, and cleared history. I changed  the "Block Cookies" setting from "Always" to "From third parties and advertisers."  I turned my phone off and then on, tried the My Verizon Mobile app again, and it opened. I signed in, and it is working fine.

I'm not sure, but I think changing the 'Block Cookies" setting may have been what ultimately did the trick.

Thanks again!!!

• 8. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                        doctordafe

Thank you.  Using Iphone 4.  One side note about the "blocked cookies" setting: It looks like part of the solution is that you HAVE TO CHANGE THE SETTING even if you're already set to "always" or " from third parties and advertisers".  My cookies setting was already on "from third parties and advertisers" so I did not change it and the solution did not work.  However, when I followed your solution, changed the cookies to "always", then turned phone off/on, changed cookies setting back to "from third parties and advertisers", then the app worked.

• 9. Re: My Verizon app not working after iOS 7 update
                          shollar

I was having the same problem and did the cookie thing and now my verizon mobile connects just fine... will do now on my I Pad and i'm very happy for your help