NFL mobile notifications won't stop - Help?
Erin8844

I first tried turning off all notifications in the "Set Alerts" section of user settings in the app, but I still got almost 30 notifications during a game Sunday.  I cleared app data, uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled and chose "don't allow" when it asked me about push notifications.   But I'm STILL getting multiple alerts every day about NFL news.  It's driving me nuts.  Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can get this to stop?   I haven't used the boards here before, so if this is the wrong place to post this I apologize - just let me know.   Thanks!  

0 Likes
Re: NFL mobile notifications won't stop - Help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. It sounds like you did everything on your end, Erin8844! To turn off the applications, you would need to go to "Set Alerts", which you did. Does this happen only when the game is on? Have you tried to delete and install back the application? Lets try that first. When you first download, it will ask you if you want to push notifications. Choose No or Do not. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Erin8844

Thanks for the response - no, this is not only during gametime, I get at least a couple every day all week long.  

I already tried what you suggested, deleting, reinstalling, and choosing "Do Not Allow" push notifications but I was still getting them.  

When I went back into the app to check the "set alerts" section, it asked me again if I wished to allow push notifications and I kept saying "Do Not Allow" and it would boot me out.  But after a while of persistent notifications I went back in to check again, and noticed that although I hadn't "allowed" notifications, there were already like 4 of the "on/off" sliders selected to "on" that I could see behind the "do you wish to allow push notifications" window.   I had to choose "allow" so it would let me go in and turn them off.   Makes no sense, but so far so good this morning.  If I get bombarded with them tomorrow, though, I will have to consider it an unusable service and entirely uninstall.   Which would be very disappointing.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds good Erin8844. Please let us know how it responds. If you still experience difficulties, another cleared cache on the app or an uninstall/reinstall would be the best options.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Erin8844

I have tried that several times now and I keep getting the notifications.   Every time I reinstall, I notice that the slider on/off bars in the notifications settings of the app have a few different ones already set to "on" - even before I permit notifications.   Is that normal?    See the attached screenshot. 

Screenshot_2013-09-24-09-21-06.png

Even if I choose "don't allow" I still get the notifications.   If I go back in the app and then choose "ok" so I can go in and set all alerts to "off" I still get the notifications.  

This app is driving me crazy.   I have to uninstall during the week to avoid the unwanted NFL news notifications, but the whole reason I want the app is to use during games for audio stream, but it keeps interrupting with push notifications 20 seconds after I already heard the play happen.  

According to recent reviews on the Google Play store I am not the only one having this issue.  Please help. 

0 Likes
GrandpaScott
Enthusiast - Level 1

Silly question, but, Are you saving the action before you leave the settings? I just went in and was successful at turning off "Breaking News".

0 Likes
more4les63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  All my alerts in the app are turned off.  Can't even uninstall the app, only the updates.  Very frustrating.  I've gotten at least 4 notifications already today. 

amb_43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  It just started yesterday which is when the app was updated.  I, too, have uninstalled/reinstalled, verified that all the sliders are off (and they are!) and I still keep getting alerts about "what's trending on Twitter" in regards to the Superbowl....  Very annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello amb_43,

I know that you are excited to stay in the know on the latest and greatest on the gridiron. NFL Mobile is the best way to do so while on the go. Rest assured as we are committed to getting your NFL Mobile notifications updated. May I ask do you have the standard service or the premium service? Also, have you updated your alerts settings in the app by turning off unwanted alerts? I would also like to suggest clearing the cache on the app in the Settings menu as well then reboot the device. Once you have done so, please retest and keep us posted with the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jh221

I have the same problem.  I have NO alerts set, yet get multiple annoying Superbowl messages every day for the past week or so.  Not sure if this will work, but I just tried: (1) go into the settings for your phone, (2) go to MORE tab (on Samsung Galaxy S4), (3) get to the Application Manager, (4) select the NFL Mobile app, and then (5) uncheck the "Show Notifications" box.

I am hoping that stops it.

0 Likes