Need help connecting to WiFi
godsviolist211

Hi! I just got a refurbished samsung galaxy s3 b/c of issues with my other one. well i go to connect to wifi and i put everything in and click connect and it shows the network is 'not in range' my husband is able to connect with his s3 and my lap top connects fine. i reset the router. please please help!

0 Likes
Re: Need help connecting to WiFi
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

The "not in range" could be the wrong error message.  Is Mac Filtering turned on in your router, if so either turn it off or input the 'New' Mac address for your phone.  If this isn't the problem.  Then I would go to a coffee shop, library, etc and see if the phone will connect to the Wifi there. If it does, then you need to check your router's settings.  If not, there is something wrong with the phone and you need to send it back.

0 Likes
Re: Need help connecting to WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

godsviolist211,

Wi-Fi is my savior when it comes to data usage, so we want to get you hooked up in a flash. First, is your phone able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks no problem? And do other phones have issues connecting to your home Wi-Fi (outside of your husband's already established connection)? Please try restarting your phone, test, and share some more info with us. Thanks!

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes