use any verizon phone for prepaid
heavenearth21

i wanted to know can i use any verizon phone for prepaid i read at this link http://yourguide.vzw.com/article/prepaid-plans-bring-your-own-device-verizon/#

that if i have an unused verizon smartphone or basic i can activated it and use it with prepaid is this true ? and does it apply as well to any smartphone or basic i can buy online and at a verizon store or must i buy a prepaid phone to do it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: use any verizon phone for prepaid
heavenearth21

also can i use any 3g smartphone like  BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 the plan i want is 60 dollars a month

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Sunday heavenearthlove1,

I'm so happy to see that you want to enjoy all that our network has to offer with the comfort of prepaid service. The BB Bold is one of my favorite smartphones of all time. Since it is a 3G device, it can be activated on prepaid service. For additional assistance on how to activate it, our prepaid dept can be reached at 888-294-6804.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

KarenGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi ArnettH_VZW,

I have the same question as heavenearthlove1, I went to the link for choosing prepaid smart phones to go with your prepaid plan, and chose the link for having had my own phone, but (unless there is something wrong with it, or my computer) does not take one to a complete list of smartphones (old or new) that one can purchase to use on the Verizon prepaid smartphone plan.  There are only 2 phones listed to purchase. If you use the link to activate a phone you already have, you need to have the phone already! 

I, like many others, would like a greater choice of a decent smartphone for a reasonable price.  And, unfortunately, paying full price is not reasonable.

So, is there a complete list of smartphones, somewhere, that let one see what smartphones can be used on the Verizon prepaid smartphone plan?

Thank you, KarenGS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us KarenGS! I'm glad to see that you are interested in the latest and greatest in our prepaid technology. We are working around the clock to expand our device selection for our prepaid customers. May I ask is there a particular phone that you are interested in getting? If so then please advise as I can check for you. Keep in mind that 3G devices are currently eligible for prepaid voice service. 4G devices are not yet compatible at this time. Once you have provided the device then I can triple check for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

KarenGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much Arnett, But my problem has been solved. I was able to

get a smartphone I was interested in and use it with a plan upgrade that is

not much more that what I was paying for my basic plan! Can't remember the

name of the customer service person who helped me, but he was great!

Thanks so much for your reply.

Karen Soper

0 Likes
BrittT

Hey there,

I have a very similar question and was happy to find this thread.  It seems you mentioned 4G phones would not work for Verizon prepaid.  Can you confirm whether or not a Droid 4 would work?

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BrittT wrote:

Hey there,

I have a very similar question and was happy to find this thread.  It seems you mentioned 4G phones would not work for Verizon prepaid.  Can you confirm whether or not a Droid 4 would work?

Thanks

The DROID 4 is a 4G LTE smartphone and isn't compatible with the current prepaid smartphone plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FantaShaG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I was having the same question and was wondering if the Samsung Galaxy Nexus would be compatible with the prepaid plan?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Definitely not. The SIM card I took out of my Galaxy Nexus to activate my current phone is proof that it is a 4G LTE smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes