How do I connect to my wifi?!
mob5294

I literally just purchased this phone four hours ago, and within a hour, I was already upset with my purchase. I can not get this phone to connect to my home wifi. I feel like i've tried EVERYTHING. Is there a simple fix? I've googled, and i've noticed that a lot ofpeople have this problem, but none of their suggestions fixed mine. I have a net-gear router. ALL of my other devices work just fine, but the Galaxy S4..not so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I connect to my wifi?!
Not applicable

Well basic wifi connection is through settings-wifi (turn it on if not on) then simple scan for your home ssid name, click connect then enter your network key. That is the way it should work.

How old is your netgear router? Does your phone run under Jelly Bean OS? If it does the router or modem may need a  new firmware update. Or first turn off your phone, turn off your broadband modem, then the router.

wait a few minutes then turn on the Modem first wait until its fully up and stable, then do the same for the router, the lastly turn on your device. Then see if it connects properly. If not you may need to get a newer modem from your isp for free, then purchase another up to date router. They cost from $40 up to $300 I bought the R6300 from Netgear its a new AC router works great but very expensive.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the MAC address filtering turned on for the router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

on mine or theirs? mine no.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was referring to the OP's issue, Elector. Enough people use the filter that the question should be asked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RussellMunson
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had to go into my routers webpage.. westell router page.. and add my galaxy s3's mac number to the "allow" list to get my phone to connect to my wifi router

0 Likes