2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 9:28 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

call/text  blocking

aboutyou

does anyone know what Verizon message is seen by the owner of a number who has attempted calling and /or texting but have been placed on call/text block.  And is there a way find out if these blocked numbers have attempted to contact you

• 1. Re: call/text  blocking
          Kev48us

im not shure i would think no but i could be wrong i would trying call cs 611

i do know that if u block some one they cant call/text u but u can call or text the blocked number hope that makes sence

• 2. Re: call/text  blocking
            Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi aboutyou,

Unwanted calls can be very frustating! There is not a way to see if a blocked number has tried to call or message you. If the blocked number is a VZW customer, they will see a red X in the sent folder with status failed notification. Followed by "Delivery failed. Invalid destination or service blocked at destination". They will also receives a text message alert - "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner."   If a block non VZW customers attempts to send you a message, they will see  a green check mark with a "Message Sent" notification but message not delivered to your line.

Addtionally if a block VZW or non VZW number attempts to call you:  Call does not go through. The blocked line hears an audio alert " The number that you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of this call. I am confident this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport