Consecutive blinking orange light.
D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

On August 20 my phone shut it self off and would not turn on. I took the battery out and use a different charger from the original to see if my phone died. Nothing happened not even the led light came on. I wanted a while for about 2 to 3 hours to try to charge it again. LED light came on and 30 after i was able to turn my phone on again. Today after taking my phone from the charger my phone would not turn on. I tried taking the battery out and placing it back in,

tried to hard reset it, and waiting for a couple hours for before trying to charge the phone back up. But only my led light blinks orange three times then nothing for one minute. After that the orange led light blinks consecutively. I no longer have the original charger. Is there anyway to turn the phone back on or is the phone dead for good?

Re: Consecutive blinking orange light.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Do you have another micro USB charger you can try? It seems the one you're using is no longer doing its job.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello D Stewart
I would be happy to look into this with you! I want you to have a great working device. The orange light normally indicates the battery is to low to power on the device. Is the device connected to a wall charger? Have you tried a different charger?

I look forward to working with you and getting this resolved.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Later that day the phone started back charging after some time. It's not the charger i used other chargers and even took it up to a verizon store to see if they can do anything about it. But it was all for naught.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi D.Stewart,

Let's bring your device back to life! Has the device had any liquid or physical damage? Are any of the pins in the charging port bent? How long have you had this device? We look forward to assisting you.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of the pins are bent and i have had the device for a year. I bought another battery for it and it came back on, but when i tried to charge it. Instead of charging the battery was being drained faster. The battery is brand new but will the phone will not charge at all. The phone also said that that phone charger out put is not high enough for the phone power consumption switch to AC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing all that you have done thus far, D. Stewart. It certainly seems as though something is going on with the phone (through process of elimination). You mentioned having it for a year which means there is no warranty, but if you have insurance, that will extend the warranty. If that is the case we can switch it out for you. We can begin here, in the store or even via customer service. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is the problem. The warranty is gone out on the phone but i my phone was acting up before for a different problem and was sent a refurbished phone. This is the refurbished phone that is messing up and i have no insurance on the phone. In the store they said my best option is to buy a phone at retail price.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

standard insurance WILL NOT extend the warranty.  You have to pay for the extended warranty or for TEC in order to get the extended warranty.  Please be more careful with your replies so as to not give out false information.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please excuse me for not being clearer for the masses, demmo86rt. If you have TEC or the extended warranty, then your device can be replaced if needed beyond the 1 year manufacturer's warranty http://bit.ly/R00Us4.

D. Stewart, thanks for clarifying. There may be another option for you. We do have the Certified Pre Owned http://bit.ly/NTcxRW which may work for you.

You can also see if you qualify for the Device Payment Plan to get you a brand new phone http://bit.ly/12OcQ3y. As always, if you have an older phone you want to activate in the meantime, you can also do that.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport