calls over wifi?
drewpeloso

Cell reception in my home is very poor and unreliable.  Can I use the wifi network for phone calls when at home?  If so how, if not why not?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: calls over wifi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't offer true wifi calling. There might be some third party apps that could work.

Also if you have a landline broadband Internet connection, you could consider purchasing a network extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drewpeloso

What is a landline broadband connection?  I have the FiOS triple play, there is no problem with the landline, but I want to be able to use my cell, which is my work number, at home.  What is a network extender and how would that improve the cell phone reception?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fios is a type of landline broadband Internet connection.

Network Extender http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/networkextender.jsp is a mini cell tower that sends your calls over your Internet connection instead of the cell tower somewhere outside.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes