"unfortunately, voicemail has stopped" notice every time I start my phone.
cincybrewer

I get a black screen and  notice that reads ""unfortunately, voicemail has stopped" notice every time I start my phone and at ramdon times during the day.  I've force stopped and cleared cache on the application and rebooted several times, it makes no difference.  Any thoughts?  I only access voicemail via the *86 or from the notification when there is a voicemail.

0 Likes
"unfortunately, voicemail has stopped" notice every time I start my phone.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Pretty sure that is the Visual Voicemail app that, if you don't pay for the service, you don't need.  Go to the same place where you cleared the cache and disable the app (you have to uninstall updates first if there are any).  This will prevent it from running but, because you just call into your voicemail, you shouldn't have any problem accessing it (if it does present a problem, you can always re-enable it).

0 Likes
Re: "unfortunately, voicemail has stopped" notice every time I start my phone.
cincybrewer

Unfortuantely, that does not help.  The only voicemail app that I have installed is the Verzion Voicemail app.  There are no updates to uninstall and the link to disable the app is greyed out.  Only Clear Cache and Force Stop are active.

0 Likes
lookieloo

I have had the same issue for months and have spent over an hour twice with tech support trying to resolve it. The Level 1 tech support folks walk you painfully through all the usual and it wasn't until I finally got above Level 1 that I found out it is a known issue. At this point their app basically acts like a virus that is designed to frustrate customers into switching to visual voicemail, which is a paid service and something I am not interested in anyway. They have no intention of fixing this bug (I was told the first time I called that it was a Samsung issue, and then that "it would be fixed with the next update. It wasn't, and it won't be.) Curious that it is an app that does not allow you to uncheck "show notifications" or disable the app. Like cincybrewer, the app alerts me at random times throughout the day that it has "stopped working," freezing whatever I am trying to do until cleared by clicking "Ok." You don't even need this app -- you can easily access voicemail without it. But they won't let you disable or delete it.

I urge anyone having this issue to set aside some time, contact tech support, ask for a higher-up and demand that they offer a better solution than a factory reset. They know about this issue and refuse to fix it because it is in Verizon's best interest not to fix it.

0 Likes
TONBUL29

Just spent an hour on the phone with tech services and we figured it out!!!

It will mean a reboot of your voicemail, but it fixes the error.

Settings>Applications>Applications Manager>Voicemail (must scroll to bottom)>STORAGE>CLEAR DATA

It basically resets your voicemail service but you don't have to sign up for anything or pay for anything if you don't want to.

Hope this helps save someone else from being on the phone for over an hour with customer service.

So much for this half day of vacation!

0 Likes