Dropped calls
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on a call that was dropped FOUR times. Thank God I still have my land line or I never would have been able to finish my call.  In fact this has been happening a LOT lately where I live - I'm ready to switch to another carrier. No connection - not getting texts or voicemails - it's ridiculous. Plus, I was at a football game a few days ago with my brothers - they were using their phones just as much as I was, but my battery died before the end of the game - yes it was fully charged & I have an "extended" life battery. Plus I keep getting slammed with overage charges - I've had it with Verizon.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lucy0106, I am sorry to hear about your issues with the service! I want to look into this and get this resolved! We certainly don't want you to go! How long have you been having these issues? Are you getting any error messages? Please give more details. I would love to help!

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues for about a few weeks now. My phone has been overheating, it sometimes shut down or locks up for no apparent reason. I haven't received any error messages - that I recall. I've had to restart it about 3 times this week - so far.  I would love to get a new phone, but I'm not due for about a year. I live in a rural area, so service is sometimes iffy - but I've never had  as many dropped calls like I've had recently. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Lucy. It sounds like quite a bit is going on with your phone. First, what zip code are you located in? Are the dropped calls only happening inside your house or the whole area? Also, is the phone overheating when using a specific app or task? If the issue is occuring everywhere, it may be the phone itself. I would suggest completing a factory reset http://bit.ly/QUM0kG.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

My ZIP is 53548 - the dropped calls have been happening in my house & in a few other areas. The overheating - it seems to happen no matter what. It was sitting on my desk & I picked it up & it was hot. There have been a few occasions when I was on Facebook or Instagram & it overheated as well.

I'll try the reset - thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lucy0106,

Just what I needed to know. Upon review, no issues have been reported in the area. When it comes to this happening inside your home, I do have to advise that we are unable to guarantee service indoors due to building material and other environmental factors that change with the seasons. Do you have problems outdoors? Also, regarding the overheating, I would recommend processing the hard reset advise previously. Please backup information, utilize the link provided, and test before reloading your applications back on (this will allow us to better isolate the problem).

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never had dropped calls in my home - never. I've lived here since WAY before i was a Verizon customer.  I don't typically make calls when I'm outside -and I'm not going outside every time I place a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Lucy0106,

Good afternoon. I appreciate the additonal information provided. I know how important it is to be able to use your phone while at home.

I understand you have never had issues in the past with using your phone indoors. Have you tried removing then reinserting the SIM card on your phone? This will help with resetting your network. For directions on how to remove your SIM card please click http://vz.to/1ahdsax Please test service in your home and keep us updated. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the factory restart - my phone does seem to be working better. But, I've been home for an hour & I've received more than a few "loss of service" notifications. My phone shows 1X - 5 bars....that's typically what I get when I'm at home.

0 Likes
Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edit to my previous reply - I've been jumping back & forth from 1X to 4G since I've been home..I had 4G for about 10 minutes, now back to 1X

0 Likes