"SD card is Blank or has Unsupported Files" Help!
momo1715

My family and I went out all together the other night and took a few pictures... When I got home and checked my phone there was an icon at the top that looked like my SD card with a question mark on it. I looked at it and it says "SD card is blank or has unsupported files" and my pictures that I took using my phone are no where to be found. I still have pictures that have been sent to me via text message or pictures I have downloaded from the internet. I have tried restarting my phone, connecting my phone to the computer, inserting my SD card into a usb adapter then inserting that into my computer, and taking the battery out of my phone for a few seconds. None of which have helped. When I plugged my phone into the computer it brought up only the pictures I can see already on my phone but none of the ones I took myself. I downloaded a recovery program... free trial, and when I plug my phone into the computer the program doesnt sense the device for me to recover anything from. My parents live in California and I really really want to get those pictures back... Someone please HELP!

0 Likes
Re: "SD card is Blank or has Unsupported Files" Help!
Not applicable

Alas I have a question, did the photos save to the internal memory? You have ti change the settings in the camera mode to save to sd card.

Secondly, did you format the card in your settings for the sd card? It has to be formatted to your device to really work well.

Third there is a app called Astro File Viewer Browser from the Google Play Store that you can view the sd card files, photos, documents etc. With ease. It also lets you view and transfer from internal memory to the sd card. You can also search for the photos within each internal and external storage.

The photos may be in internal memory.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S4 has a pre-installed app called "My Files" that will allow the OP to check both the internal and external memory of the device to verify the files are there and basic copy/paste functions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ah ha...! Thanks for telling me.

I use Astro its a good app and free.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also use another third party file explorer (Estrongs/ES File Explorer) for more robust functions, but the "My Files" app works for a quick look and users who may not be as familiar with the android system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes