Poor service
shaneag77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very unhappy with Verizon wireless at the moment.  I am entertaining moving my services to a competitor.  I have 5 lines with Verizon and have terrible service.  I can place my phone on the table next to an ATT customers and cannot even load the browser.  The ATT phone will already be online and surfing the web with no issues and lightning fast speeds.  I used to feel that Verizon was the "go to" wireless company but at this point I do not.  I could buy a Trac Phone from wally world that works better than this.  Any help is appreciated.  If the issue is not resolved soon I am done with this company and their services.

Labels (2)
Re: Poor service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shaneag77, the last thing we want is for you to switch to another carrier and I'm here to help. I'll need some more info first. Is this a new issue you're having with service? Have you just moved to a new area or upgraded phones? What zip code are you located in? Is this only happening inside your home or around the whole area?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MsCHEROKEE

Shaneag77 don't feel bad me too, I talk about how happy I was in the past to other retailers and push them away thinking I had the best.  I paid my bill on time every week and the lost or never sent out my security deposit refund check like they said they did.  At fist the blamed it on the postman for not doing his job, then the suppose to sent out another one but have no way of knowing if it was done or not and I just finish talking to another customer service rep. about the same issue of my refund today "Aug. 18, 2013."   This guy "I'm going to look into it and stay on top of it"  SURE YOU ARE LIKE YOU DID THESE PAST 2 MONTHS. 

I tell you the other places are looking more better to me each day I have to deal with Verizon and now they are asking me to wait again which will be 90 days for my refund check when it suppose to be 21 days in order to receive by mail in the USA. 

Im NOT going to sign up with Verizon for another 2 yrs, Im going to look and find someone who can honor their promise as I did to Verizon.  Oh...Im not going to look for them to do any follow up either and that is something they never do.

You not welcome Verizon,

Another mad customer.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
brian2007

I too have to say I am not a happy customer. Been with you for 20 years back when you were Airtouch. Wife called you again today about the same problem and was given the run around. her phone is still under warranty til next week. So what, you want to play games with her until the warranty is up? She has done everything that she has been told to do, and still you want her to jump thru more rings. Lets see, her phone freezes, has black screens, changes ring tones, goes to silent on its own, and tells her there is no network connection. She has to reboot many times a day. Not to mention, tons of issues with the apps. How do they uninstall by themselves? The phone is under warranty, so send her a replacement phone....................... How hard is that? I am not happy anymore with Verizon. I have phone issues as well. But you guys say its not the network. No coverage where i used to have it.....All of my employees that have verizon and my family, have been looking into other providers. Maybe now is the time to change???????Verizon used to take care of their Customers, but not now. I was even told by a verizon rep, to go to a store and talk to someone there. REALLY????????????????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am thinking Early Termination.............It would be worth it....................

Both my wife and I have razor maxx

Yours truly Verizon,

Another very unhappy customer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You say its under warranty then go into the store and pick out a new one. Is this within the 14 days or do you mean manufacturer warranty which gets you a refurbish piece of junk?  100 point check yeah right. A refurbish device normally brings different problems you did not have originally.  Leaving may not always give you better service, but look into your options before you leave.  Good Luck   Oh the New HTC One is available on Thursday. I own one on the T-Mobile network. It has free wifi calling. Helps when your signal is low a point to think about.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ya think the VZW version will allow WiFi calling?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I doubt it. I think Ann 154 told me it was native to T-Mobile on certain devices.

I was referring to the poster wanting to leave for another carrier. I should have said the wifi feature is on T-Mobile devices and I can tell you it works great.

Will be handy when I am down in Ocean City MD. The wifi will be better than the actual T-Mobile coverage

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@brian2007

I am saddened to hear that you and your wife have not received the stellar service you both deserve!  Please know that we do value your loyalty to our company and we really don't want to see you leave over this.

Let's see what is causing your wife's device issues.  This could definitely be application or software related.  Has she downloaded any type of antivirus, data or battery saver applications?  If so, I highly recommend uninstalling the apps http://vz.to/18PEjFV.  These apps have been known to cause these types of device symptoms.  Also, please test the device for a few hours while it's powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/155Iv7m.  This will help us to determine if the problem is application or software related.  If the problems cease while in Safe Mode, I recommend hard resetting the device http://vz.to/150gZRT to allow it to start afresh.  Let me know how these troubleshooting steps work out for her.

As for your device, I would like to troubleshoot it as well.  What model phone do you have and what exactly are you experiencing with it?  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
haggisdave

Ditto.  We are a rural customer in upstate NY with limited options for internet service.  We had a satellite service, but a few years ago opted to switch to Verizon with a mifi unit.  Although it's expensive, metered service, it WAS much faster.  Even thought at the time, we still had only 3G service in our area.  About a year later, with our local system upgraded to 4G LTE, it WAS even faster.  Fast forward about 2 more years, and Verizon Wireless has become so slow in our area that, at times, it is useless.  Literally useless, as basic services like web-based email can't even load.  It's not a unit issue, it's the system.  It's not my hardware; when it's slow or completely unresponsive, so are both of our phones (connecting directly themselves).  It appears that Verizon has not maintained the infrastructure of their system to handle increased demand, and consequently we no longer get what we are paying for.  I emphasize the last part, because when looking into alternatives, Verizon graciously informed us how much our early termination fee will be if we don't ride out the contract.  I pointed out that my inquiry early termination was due to their poor service, and Verizon's response was to simply repeat what the terminiation fee would be.  Apparently Verizon contracts are a 1-way street.  You agree to pay for a service, but they don't necessarily provide what you are paying for.  That is certainly my opinion of what we have now; we're paying for 4G LTE service that is sometimes so slow pages won't load.  Sometimes it completely disconnects for a few minutes and interrupts whatever you were working on.  Unfortunately, we have no alternative until later in the year, when a regional wireless internet service is scheduled to put up a new tower nearby.  Believe me, at that point there will be no hesitation to switch, regardless of whether or not we have to pay a termination fee to Verizon.  All I need is a viable alternative for our internet service and it's bye bye Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes