Considering switching from contract to prepaid
JESSIJAMES

Hi. I currently have a 2 yr contract with 3 smartphones and 1 basic phone.I am considering terminating my contract early and switching to prepaid plans. I am paying almost $300 per month (and sometimes more). This averages out to about $3450-3600 per year. This is a LOT money to be paying for phones. If I decide to cancel early, will I be able to use the same phones on a prepaid plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Considering switching from contract to prepaid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should finish out your contract before switching to prepaid. What devices do you have currently activated?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Considering switching from contract to prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JESSIJAMES,

Three hundred dollars is a lot of dough for just one month. But, instead of seeing you go to prepaid, I say we work on getting your bill lower. First, which plan are you on? What is the cumulative usage like (minutes, text, data)? You can verify the latter by running a usage analysis at http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Now, regarding your original question, there is a possibility you can use the same phones on a prepaid plan. But, it depends on the devices. Which model devices do you own?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes