3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2013 10:48 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Unlimited Data Plan

Stew59

My phone looks like it has been through 2 world wars but it is still working. I want an upgrade because I have the Droid 4 which has horrible battery life but I don`t want to lose my unlimited data plan. Is Verizon still doing that or can I upgrade and keep my unlimited plan.

• 1. Re: Unlimited Data Plan
          Ann154

You can purchase a new phone at full retail price or with the payment plan and keep your unlimited data plan. You can also purchase a used phone from Swappa or eBay as a "Bring Your Own Device" and keep unlimited data.

Purchase a phone at the subsidized price and renew your contract for two years and you will be forced to switch to the individualttiered data plan of 2 GB for $30.

• 2. Re: Unlimited Data Plan
            arcover1

Ann154 wrote:

You can purchase a new phone at full retail price or with the payment plan and keep your unlimited data plan. You can also purchase a used phone from Swappa or eBay as a "Bring Your Own Device" and keep unlimited data.

Purchase a phone at the subsidized price and renew your contract for two years and you will be forced to switch to the individualttiered data plan of 2 GB for $30.

I was just discussing my plans with a Chat representative and they told me that there will no longer be unlimited Data. He said it will be tiered. I think  that is what Ann154 was referring to about the data plan.  Here is part of the conversation I copied for my records - quote: "Joe M: If you are able to upgrade your phones at the 2 year discount, Because we are getting rid of the unlimited data, You will be asked to pick a tier of allowed data.

• 3. Re: Unlimited Data Plan
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi arcover1,

Thanks for reaching out. The info that you have received is correct.  If you get your equipment at discounted pricing and sign the two year agreement you will need to move to our new data plans.  If you do bring your own phone to our network or you purchase your phone at full retail, you can keep your unlimited data plan. I hope this info helps out.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport