Blocking spam calls
Themomone

This does not apply when the solicitor calls from a 3 or 4 digit number...which I have been continually bothered with lately. How can we block calls from 3 and 4 digit numbers?

Thanks so much for helping me.

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking spam calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Themomone,

No one likes spam calls! I'm sorry to hear about the nuisance. Unfortunately at this time we are only able to block 10 digit numbers. Have you attempted to use the government blocking option? Visit www.donotcall.gov and add your numbers today!

If the issue persists and becomes too much to handle, I would strongly suggest considering changing your mobile number. This can be completed for free online! Here's some information: http://vz.to/13jybot

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BernieSmithers

Why isn't the ability to block spam calls included with our plan. We spend over $300. a month and only get to block 5 numbers to block, and even those expire. I just added one yesterday and one today and I'll have to go back after September 16th and add those again. Ridicules policy!

This has become an epidemic of Spam calls, do not call lists are ignored and Verizon is sitting back laughing at us waiting for us to spend more to block calls that should be blocked by Verizon after the see the activity. Why don't you have a place to report these numbers? Why isn't it free to block all of these when we report a number?

Get with it Verizon, your going to lose customers if you don't act.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BernieSmithers wrote:

Why isn't the ability to block spam calls included with our plan. We spend over $300. a month and only get to block 5 numbers to block, and even those expire. I just added one yesterday and one today and I'll have to go back after September 16th and add those again. Ridicules policy!

This has become an epidemic of Spam calls, do not call lists are ignored and Verizon is sitting back laughing at us waiting for us to spend more to block calls that should be blocked by Verizon after the see the activity. Why don't you have a place to report these numbers? Why isn't it free to block all of these when we report a number?

Get with it Verizon, your going to lose customers if you don't act.

I guess I'm thankful I can block the five numbers for free with an indefinite times I can renew the block every 90 days. I hear that you would have to subscribe to blocking control to block just one number if you are an AT&T customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
daniel219k
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the same problem.. once you block them you have to do it again in 90 days.. you can block them permanently for another $5 a month..Just another way  Verizon can rip off its customers.. Verizon probably gives out our numbers to Spam senders so we will get tired of it and pay the extra $5 a month.. I think  i am going to switch carriers.. Tired of all the spam i get monthly ....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you use an Android device, just use a free app in the Play Store like Mr Number, WhitePages ID, TrueCaller, etc....

0 Likes
docspaniel

Yes, this is a big problem. Any work being done by Verizon to deal with this increasing problem of less than 10 digit calls?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Family Base subscription supports blocking phone numbers of a length different from 10 digits. Whether or not you are willing to pay the subscription cost is your choice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes