Can't adjust LG HBS-730 when listening to MP3's on RAZR MAXX HD
droid4now

I am looking to by the LG HBS-730 (or HBS-700 if the 730 will not work since the 700's appear to work just fine).  Every review that I've found that addresses the HBS-730 and RAZR MAXX states that the volume can't be adjusted with the 730 when listening to MP3's.  The 700's appear to work fine; I just wanted to get the latest evolution.  I contacted Verizon via online chat in hopes that they would know of a fix or if not, would advise me that it is a know problem with no fix in place at this time.  Instead, the agent simply told me that if the device didn't work correctly it must have been dropped.  When I asked if there was anyone or anything the agent could consult, things went downhill.  I am hoping that perhaps a recent update for the RAZR MAXX has taken place to address this and all the reviews I've seen we prior to the update.  Or maybe there's an option on the phone that addresses this and folks are just unaware or can't find it.  If anyone has any insight or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment has been edited for private information in accordance with the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't adjust LG HBS-730 when listening to MP3's on RAZR MAXX HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Droid 4 now,

The LG HBS-730 is an amazing device. I love having bluetooth headphones so I am not connected to a cord.  I've actually use the headphones with the Droid Razr Maxx and they work amazingly.  I have yet to experience any issues with the volume.  I would recommend purchasing the headphones and if you have any issues or their not what you thought you can return them within 14 days of the purchase date for a full refund.

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ecrawford10

I have this problem with my Droid Maxx HD and the newer LG HBS-730 that I just purchased this past Friday. I never had this issue with the HBS-700 and would love to get my hands on the older headset. It seems that just the first volume up choice past silent is too loud for most listening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there ecrawford10!

We absolutely want you to get the best sond from your new bluetooth on your Maxx HD! Outside of ensuring the device is pairing correctly I have limited support on volume control. I would recommend contacting Motorola Android Support directly to escalate the concern. They can be reached at 800-734-5870; Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 11 PM ET; Saturday - Sunday, 10 AM - 7 PM ET.

Just to be sure, aside from the volume control, your pairing is working, correct?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nairb6868

I have the same problem. Just got my HBS-730's. I love the headphones, but can't deal with the volume problem.

Just finished chatting with Motorola and was not able to get a fix. All she could say is that there must be a compatibility issue between the two.  After researching, it looks like this has been a problem for a year or so and no fix. I read a few posts saying that an update to 4.4.2 or something would fix the problem, but motorola claims that 4.1.2 is the latest update available for the phone. Any truth to that Verizon?

I am actually considering a non motorola phone, but really don't want to give up the battery life of the Razr Maxx HD.

0 Likes
leesrt

I have the HBS-800 on my Razr Maxx HD and same problem.  Volume won"t adjust low enough.

0 Likes
eldonfields

From reading other forums, it appears this is an issue with KitKat.  There, supposedly, is a fix in version 4.4.2.  I cannot seem to get an answer as to when Verizon will allow this to be pushed Over The Air to our phones as we cannot have revert our phones and not allow the KitKat update.  My newly purchased headset is about to go back and possibly even the new phone.

0 Likes
BarnabasCollins

I can't speak from experience but I read a thread last night about this problem, since I am thinking about purchasing one of these 2 models. Their is a software glitch with the "Google Play Music" app on Motorola Droid phones. Luckily, it's not a hardware issue, which is somehow related to the Direct Volume Control. Basically, the quick fix is to download, "PowerAmp" or "Fine Volume Control V2", see link below...

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr-hd-maxx-hd/635829-razr-hd-maxx-volume-problem-bose-soun...

Let me know if any of this works. As I am a BIG TIME baseball fan, I need it to work with my MLB app.

0 Likes