Samsung Galaxy Stellar charging issue.
yojakey

My Samsung Galaxy Stellar started to stop charging a while back. I would leave it charging and I would come back and the battery was even lower than it was before. But after a while it stopped. Then recently it started back up again. When i plug the charger in it says it isn't charging unless it is in a certain position. So i put it in the position, it says it's charging but i come back later and it the same and sometimes even lower. I've tried other chargers and it does the same with all of them. I have a feeling the place where you plug the charger in is the problem. What should I do? What do you think the problem is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy Stellar charging issue.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It does sound like the charger port is going bad.  If the phone is still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty (or if you have signed up for the extended warranty service), you can either call customer service or take it into a store and get a warranty exchange. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Stellar charging issue.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yojakey, let's restore the function to your phone and charger. I agree that this does sound like an issue in your phone's charging port if it has to be held a certain way and happens with more than one charger. Does the charger port appear loose or damaged? Is there any discoloration or corrosion on the charger port?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Leena_queen18

Hey I am having the same problem with my phone, but the port looks fine. My phone is over a year old, so there isn't a warranty. Anything else that I can do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leena.queen18,

We always want you to have a fully fuctioning device. I would love to investigate all your options for the charging issues you are having with your device. Please follow and private message me so I can make sure we address your device concerns.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Billy_V_33

My phone has the same problem. And it charges vary slowly when it does charge. Any help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Billy.V.33. Let's see if we can get your phone charging normally as well. With regards to your phone, does your phone charge better if you place the cable a certain way?

Try this as well please: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/64367

Place your phone in safe mode, and see if it charges better while it is in this state. Let us know if anything improves, or if it remains the same.

Thank you, Billy.V.33

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SarahR

My Stellar is relatively new, I just bought it a month ago and I have to hold my charger a certain way for it to charge or it has to be in a certain position. Is there anything I can do? I don't know if the phone has a warranty on it or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear you're having issues charging your device, SarahR. How long have you had the phone? Does it have any damage to the charging port or bent inside? Ensure you are using the original charger that came with the phone and check for any debris that may be inside the charging port that may not be seen unless looked at carefully.

Thanks

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rclewis

I would like to know how many people that were having problems with their phone and was told they would get a call back from a manager and did not receive a responce. I have 6 phones that are having charging issues and were replaced with like new replacements. Well Back to square one now i am having the same problem with these. I am also informed that they are unaware about any issues of charging problems seems to me that they are aware. I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thank you.

0 Likes