3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 1:18 PM by B33 RSS

how to switch iphone 4/4s from sprint to verizon

czubka

I recently bought a used iphone 4 from my friend who uses Sprint. Will it be possible to switch this iphone over to Verizon? If so, will i have to jailbreak or unlock it?

• 1. Re: how to switch iphone 4/4s from sprint to verizon
          B33

The phone won't Work on the System  the Frequencies that Sprint uses is Different to what the Frequencies Verizon Uses and Verizon won't let it be hooked up to the System ((  Sorry

• 2. Re: how to switch iphone 4/4s from sprint to verizon
            dimap52

It's not the frequencies, as Sprint 3G service DOES use PCS frequencies that verizon uses as I have an unlocked 3G modem in my computer that can use either Sprint or Verizon (AT&T & T-Mobile too) but the main issue here is ESN locking. I doubt that Verizon would accept a Sprint locked ESN on it's network. There are firmware flashing issues, PRL lists and other things too.

But the short of it is, that in this country, carriers do not sanction the interoperability of phones on each other's networks. Big difference to the way it is in Europe, where the network is standard and network sharing is common. Phone sales there can be made independent of carrier and interoperable by simply changing SIM's.

• 3. Re: how to switch iphone 4/4s from sprint to verizon
              B33

Well what i should've stated back to the Op to Answer to his / her Question, The phone could Roam on the Verizon system if we have roaming agreements set up with Sprint but as for setting the 4s up with service on Verizon they wouldn't let it happen..