New Commando freezes
HawkVP

Had my new Commando 4g about two weeks and I am having constant problems with the phone freezing up.Tapping the screen won't work. You can't even shut it off. I have to pull the battery to reset. This happens a least a couple times a day. anyone else having similar problems?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Commando freezes
B33
Legend

O that's No fun with a new phone have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode as sometimes 3rd party apps can cause issues like what your describing). I would try that or Maybe clear System Cache to see if stops the issue but if it persist you may have to Factory Reset. the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there HawkVP,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your G'zone Commando.  It is a great phone and I want to make sure that you have a great experience with it.

Does it freeze up when you perform a specific function?  Were any third party applications downloaded when you first noticed the issue?

Please place the device in safe mode,http://vz.to/10lunSj, and let us know if the issues persist.

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Mine froze twice today and had to pull battery once. I got it 2-3 days ago.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GreenRobot.

I want to make sure you are able to enjoy that fantastic new device you just picked up. I don't see there's been a wipespread report of freezing trouble with this awesome device. Did you happen to notice if you had just sent a message or accessed a particular application when the phone froze? Did you get an opportunity to put the phone in Safe Mode as Nicholas suggested? It's a great way to make sure there's no 3rd party applications that were recently installed that may not work properly with the programming of your phone.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
techgeek77
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Dad is having the same issues with this new Commando 4g.  It's almost  as if it goes to sleep and it won't wake back up.  He pushes the power  button and nothing!  He has to pull the battery and restart the phone  back up!  This has been happening at least 2-3 times a day!  Not a good  start for a long expected phone!  I hope this is a software issue and  gets fixed soon!  My Dad is VERY frustrated!

GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

The problem isn't an app it's the device. If it wasn't a pieced together conglomeration of what VZW and Casio thought an Android phone should look and act like it would be fine. Having owned many Androids I have learned that you buy something as close to Stock Android or deal with the glitches. I bought this Commando for water resistance, period. If you want to make notes for other Customer service reps to follow on this issue just write " act surprised about issue, claim you've never heard of this issue, and recommend safe mode ". 

etaafloyd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Issues with my husbands new command 4g.  we have to make a decision by tomorrow weather to get a new commando or pick a different phone. All the reps claim this is not a known issue and yet we have written all over the forum about the same issue.

B33
Legend

With the issues that one's are experiencing it may be best to move to another Device (( Just be aware there is a $ 35 dollar restocking fee and if you choose another device you have to stay with it through the Contract..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi etaafloyd,

Ouch! I am sad to hear your husband is having these problems with such a great phone. If you have already tried safe mode and you are still in the 14 day Worry Free Guarantee; I would recommend returning it to the store and trying another Commando. It truly is a great phone. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Bobby_VZW

0 Likes