Touch screen not working
tylerdn

OK, i have a galaxy s3 but for some reason the touch screen is not working. I don't know how to factory reset when my touch screen is not working. At minimum i need to get it out of airplane mode so i can use the voice command with the head phones. I need to get my friend over today and i cant get to my contacts.

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen not working
rcschnoor
Legend

When your touchscreen is not working, you can factory reset your phone the same way as when your touch screen is working.

To start, turn your phone off. If you cannot turn it off because of the touchscreen, you can just remove the battery. You may want to try turning the phone back on after pulling the battery to see if that has fixed the problem.

If not, with the phone turned off

1 - Press and hold the volume up and the home button.

2 - Press and hold the power button until the phone vibrates. Let go of the power button after the phone vibrates.

3 - Let go of the volume up and home button when you see the android logo.

4 - Use the volume up/down button to change the selection of which function you would like to perform.

5 - Use the power button to make the selection.

0 Likes
tylerdn

Select the "wipe data/factory reset"

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you want to do a factory reset, that would be the selection to choose.

0 Likes
tylerdn

Screen is still not working can you get me out of airplane mode at least? we are getting it replaced

0 Likes
tylerdn

wait im dumb

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If the factory reset does not fix the screen issue, you will most likely have to wait until you get it replaced.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Does this mean the screen is working now???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear tylerdn,

Good afternoon. I appreciate yours and all of our community members suggestions to help with the touch screen concens. The directions rcschnoor provided to do a hard reset without using the touch screen are correct. However, before doing a hard reset, have you tried simply just powering the phone off, then removing the battery. I would suggest to try this first. At times smartphones can be like mini computers and just need to reset. Just to verify, is there any physical or water damage to your phone?  If the screen is still not working after you power the phone back on, try the steps provided by rcschnoor. Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Classic66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the battery removal reboot on my Samsung Galaxy S 3 at least 5 times because my display will not stop blinking and it is fading to black at the same time. I was on my elliptical, it didn't drop on the floor, it didn't get wet. It sat in a holster on the machine as usual but when I picked it up the screen was asking if I wanted airplane mode. I selected no but the touchscreen would not respond. I tried rcschnoor steps but the result was the same. How do you do the factory reset or is my phone a goner?

0 Likes