Consistency is key, andymattmom.
I'm sorry this isn't what you experienced.
If ever there is a question about international services, I prefer to refer customers to our International Trip Planner which will list everything in black & white include dialing instructions. I'm sure this will help http://bit.ly/RvWHx7.
Have a great trip!
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
I answered the question above on USVI. If you have a VZW Plan,. You pay for calls and messaging, data is handled usinf whatever your current data plan is.
If you have an Old Alltel plan, calls, messaging, data, are covered by the plan you have. For me, I have unlimited data and messaging so I would not be charged anything extra. Calls are handled under my 500 minute plan and N&W and F&F calls are handled according
Update - I just used the International Trip Planner - http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/tripplannercontroller for Virgin Islands - US and found the following
- Voice Rate - Standard: $1.99 per minute
- Text Messages sent or received while in Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are billed as though you were in the U.S.
- Any data usage in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands is considered domestic and will deduct from domestic allowances when available or would be billed at domestic overage/pay per use rates. See your current data plan or feature for details.
This slightly revises my summary above to the following
- Calls (incoming or outgoing) - $1.99 per minute
- Texts (incoming or outgoing) - handled with your current texting plan
- Data - handled with your current data plan (assuming you can get data service where you are at in the islands)
Based on all of my research - I have no reason to believe that having my phone "Roaming" is causing me to incur any additional fees other than those I'll incur from making or receiving phone calls.