Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Please reply if you have a Droid DNA and are experiencing SIM card errors.

1) Have had it more once every couple of months.

2) Occurs more than once per week.

3) More than once a day.

If you aren't experiencing SIM card issues, can you reply to the other thread?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
MBoyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I began keeping track of my SIM card errors on my DNA. It has happened 14 times since May 16th.

RiggityRow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue and have posted about it in a similar thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/981648#981648

Let's try our best to bring this issue to there attention shall we?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RiggityRow,

I'm front, center, and you can bet you've got my attention. Now, I'm terribly sorry to learn about the issues with the SIM error on your DNA. This does seem to be more of a hardware issue than anything else. At your convenience, please contact HTC at 866-449-8358 and advise them on what you're experiencing so we can come to a resolution.

EvanO_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

jacob22407
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. Called HTC they say it's NOT a known issue and to start with a new SIM card from Verizon, then a reset, then a card tray, then a repair. Those are the steps they plan to take.

pen2guin3
Enthusiast - Level 2

No sim-card issues here also...! I feel sorry for people who have to deal with this "Known" problem on a daily basis. I'm almost certain owners of the DNA are feed up with the run-around tactics Verizon and HTC are implementing. NOBODY wants to take ownership of this problem and in doing so would cost Verizon and/or HTC millions..!     So ------ what do they do in the meantime - they play the blame-game ---- pointing fingers and saying, "It's not me - it's you or in this case it's a software problem --- no it's a hardware problem"...!  At this point --- WHO CARES --- I just want a resolution once and for all...!  No --- I don't want a third sim-card to try (going on fourth---actually I've lost count), No --- I don't want to take-out the sim-card and clean it then reseat, and above all else No --- I don't want a refurbished phone when my "Brand-New" one is 2 months old..!  

implementing
implementing
Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Scotch tape people!

pen2guin3
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL..... forgot to mention that demmo86rt... The old "Scotch Tape Method" did help for 8 days or so...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out to HTC jacob22407!

I know we want to ensure the best possible resolution! Did you have the opportunity to get a replacement sim card? We can ship one out or you can visit a direct Verizon Wireless store location!

Find the closest store here http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

IAMDNA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the sim card problems now as of the last 2-3 days...  Please fix this soon.  I use my DNA for my business but can't afford an unreliable phone.  It happens while I'm on the phone with a client. Suddenly it says no service and is preparing the sim card...  If I wait a bit I can call the client back but it usually happens again.  I just got off the phone with one of my employees.  I had to call him back 3 times to finish our conversation.  I can't have these problems with the corporate record labels/clients I conduct business with.  Please fix my phone!