beware verizon scam waterdamage
gralc44

I purchased an SIII in jan of this year in march I decided to finally download some pics,my computer would not recognize  my device it would just charge I followed up on some forums tried all the suggestions nothing so I bring my phone to Verizon the person who helped me thought she could fix it she couldn't  she said not a problem under warranty got them on the phone right then. I was sent a new phone fantastic works great I send my old phone back.About a month ago I get a bill for 299.00 for waterdamage to the phone I sent back they sent a pic the picture clearly shows  the usb port very corroded wires hanging out another pic of the back of a phone with my serial # on it,I immediately got on the phone with a Verizon rep who was very rude I finally hung up and called back spoke with a supervisor who felt bad for me but the pic is the evidence I requested a picture of the back of the phone showing the serial # and the damaged usb port he said that he would put in a request for another inspection with a picture and would contact me the following week.Never heard from him.I contacted coroporate the lady Martha was very nice said she would look in to the issue she called  back today offering me  half of the 299.00 I am furious my phone was not damaged in the least bit the the pic of the water damaged phone was so bad that phone would not even begin to charge I pled my case and finally had to accept the deal my other option  don't pay phone gets shut off plus early termination fee of another 300.00.I have insurance would have gladly paid the 100.00 if my phone was damaged it was not and apparently once you send your phone  in under warranty you void your right to use insurance B.S. beware people . take a pic of your phone the day you send it back cover your self from this  fraud. Anyone else have this happen?

0 Likes
Re: beware verizon scam waterdamage
Not applicable

This is a common occurrence.  Whether or not they are actually water damaged is impossible to know.  Once you file a warranty claim and Verizon sends you a replacement phone, and you return your damaged phone, there is no going back.  When you drop your phone in the mail, it becomes property of Verizon.

0 Likes
cali2wa

This is EXACTLY what I'm dealing with right now. Except I had gone into a Verizon store after their latest system update horribly slowed all capabilities on my phone. My battery died within 3 hours. My phone got super hot like an app. was constantly running causing my phone to work harder. My texts and calls were even horribly affected, internet search etc, SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW network problems mean water damage. My phone was never near water.

So, back to the story. I had gone into a Verizon store and told the Rep. what had been going on and he quickly inspected my phone and with all I had said with complete confidence that "oh, ya a lot of people have been having this issue with the new system update, this won't cost you anything, we'll send it in as a warranty." Well now I have the EXACT same email as above, so I immediately called customer service, and he was very nice but same thing say "oh, I can see in the pictures there is corrosive water damage", you need to visit the store and talk with the manager where you took it to see what they can do. Funny thing is that in three different browsers, I cannot see the photos of my phone, there is an error message every time ...

Bottom line, I'm expected to pay my bill ON time by Verizon every month, which I do $183+ dollars, so I expect them to do their job and fully inspect my phone before screwing me out of the ability of using my Insurance that I pay for every MONTH.  YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!! So disappointed. AND, the new "phone" you sent me that your charging me $300 for is most likely refurbished and gets HOT way to fast, so we''ll see if you tell me their is water damage on this too. What a joke.

0 Likes
cali2wa

It's like they say don't drunk text, well I should have also let myself cool down before I went off above... I was just very upset at the time. I finally went back to the Verizon store and kept my calm and was respectful with reps. I spoke with the store manager and told them what had happened and how I always take the time to do the surveys and I give great reviews. That's why I'm disappointed in myself for ranting like I did above. Bottom line although I did not get the charge completely taken care of they did work with me and were respectful to me while doing it. I'm still not convinced my phone had water damage, I would have bet money that it never had water damage. There is a water sticker if you remove your sim card, I'm not exactly what It looks like dry/wet but I'm trying to find out because the "new" refurbished phone they sent me still makes me nervous by getting hot.

0 Likes