Be Careful! Robo call phishing scam for www.vzw100.com offers $100 credit
seattlefriend

Hi,

I just got an automated call from 800-000-0000 offering me $100 credit if I log into www.vzw100.com. The site looks EXACTLY like the Verizon Wireless site. It is NOT. There is a place to log in your phone number, password and ID number. DON'T DO IT. I called the Verizon Wireless Fraud Department and they confirmed it is a scam and fraudulent.

Sigh.
Warn your friends -

Jane

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Be Careful! Robo call phishing scam for www.vzw100.com offers $100 credit
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, there's been several threads about this scam on the forum the past couple of weeks.

0 Likes
Leexxxjd
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just got the same call.

what im curious about is how did they get my number and how did they know im a verizon customer??

Waja

So I just got this same type of call, telling me to go to the website and Verizon Wireless would give me $150 credit.  I knew it was a scam and did not act, but the part that bothers me is the call came from the same number I have listed in my contacts as Verizon Tech Support which is 800-922-0204.  Very strange.  I am sure I added it to my contact list some time ago when dealing with a phone issue.  When I dial this number now it is indeed a Verizon number but it redirects to the *611 On Screen app for account management.  Hoping someone from Verizon support reads this as it is their own 800 number that appears to being used for this scam.  Inside job?

0 Likes
cmkrs98

Just got a call from 800-888-9595 and the website is now VZW385.com.  site very well done but is also asking for your pin in addition to login and password.

0 Likes
Andy_Laptop

I just received the same call (800.888.9595 for a $385 credit). Fortunately, I could smell he foul stench of phish. So, I did a quick search to confirm my suspicion and found this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting. Just think how many people who aren't so savvy to these scams are falling for it.

0 Likes
refsoc52

I have been getting the same call on at least two of my phone lines.  # has been  800 888 9595 or 800 000-0000.

thanks to this postings I found out about the phish.  How do they get our number and know we are a verizon customer is a very good question?

0 Likes
mrf1

Today is 8/14/13... 2 months after the original post...

I just received 2 calls within 10 minutes from this 800-888-9595. I didn't answer either time.

I found this thread thanks to those posting here. Smiley Happy

You can download an app called "SMS Filter" for free to your smart phone to block this and any other annoying numbers!

That's exactly what I did.

0 Likes
ParisofKitsap

800-880-9599  $525 off your Verizon bill -  just go to www.vz525.com and SIGN IN WITH YOUR PASSWORD.

Yep, so glad you all know about it.  I don't do Facebook but someone should put it on theirs and have people spread the word.

I couldn't find any email address to Verizon to report this.   I hope someone has and that they can do something about it.

I got two calls today, also 10 min apart.   I called my rep at the Verizon store and he confirmed that it was a scam and it had happened to him about 4 months ago.  He checked it out and verified that it was a scam.

Has anyone reported this?  Will Verizon do something about it?

0 Likes
Nadiasmom

I got the same call as well for the $525 credit. Hopefully with enough posts and calls to Verizon, they will do something about it. But, please don't fall for all of the scams.

0 Likes