Random Phone Calls
kleski

Is anyone else having issues today with random phone calls? I have received half a dozen phone calls from other Verizon Wireless customers who I do not know. These customers have no idea how they are dialing me either. Several are using pre-programmed contact information and still dialing me. Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random Phone Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning kleski.

This is a really odd issue that you're getting random calls from other VZW customers. Let's figure out what's going on here. Are they looking for one particular person? It could be that someone may have their Call-Forward feature activated, and accidentally have forwarded to your number. If everyone calling you is looking for the same person, this is likely to be what happened. On your end, its pretty hard to have it deactivated. The best thing to do would be to tell one of the callers to text the person they are trying to all and have them dial *73 [send] from their phone to deactivate Call-Forward to your phone number. Please let us know if this is what happened, and if it helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Random Phone Calls
kleski

Vanessa,

Thank you for your reply. However, this was not the case. The callers have been from random locations from my state and others. I must assume that all were verizon customers because of the few I have talked to. The day I posted there were several calls, maybe 5. Since that day I have only had one which could have been accidental dialing. I also had another issue with my iPhone 4s locking up the day of the calls and had to hard reset twice to use the phone.

0 Likes