5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2013 5:21 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Switching devices

jessicalynnm

I have Verizon and I have the black iphone 4 right now and its 8gb my boyfriend gave me his old white iphone 4 (also Verizon) and its 16 gb. Will it cost money to switch devices if my contract isn't up? The reason i want to switch is 1)more space 2) its not cracked and the lock button works where on mine it doesnt.

• 1. Re: Switching devices
          B33

Well Jessica all i would need to know is,, Is your boyfriend phone a Verizon phone if it is all you would need to do is Switch out the Sim Cards Power both phones off pull the Sim Card out of the White iPhone if there is one in it First Handle the Sim with Care don't touch the Gold Area of it..

Now that the Sim is out put it in a Safe Area.. Now you can take the one that's in your iPhone out and install it in the White iPhone And once Again handle it with Care when you put it in the Slot push it in slowly you'll feel some resistance that's the Spring mechanism push it in till you feel it Catch once that is Done Turn the Phone on and let it fully power up and Acquire the Tower and let it Go threw the set ups.

Let me know how it's Doing  

• 2. Re: Switching devices
            Ann154

The iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless doesn't have a SIM card slot. It is a 3G only smartphone, not even global ready.

• 3. Re: Switching devices
              B33

O' crud Ann i messed up there.. trying to burn that Midnight Oil again i need to hit the Hay or something else.. off to bed for this turkey

Wanted to add thanks and have a good Day..b

• 4. Re: Switching devices
                B33

As for Switching the phones Jessica if your boyfriends phone is free and clear of the Plan you can switch the phones). That can either be done at a Corporate Store or Verizon Customer Service can do the Honor's there Number is 1-800-922-0204 Option 3

I did some Searching Ann on the iPhone 4 if she has the ( S ) model it does have a Sim Card slot and can be used as a Global Phone per Verizon's Terms on Global Travel i found this by doing a Google Search and Tidbits answered the Question in this Thread.. But that is only if she has the 4-S model..  b33

2. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card

• 5. Re: Switching devices
                  Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hey there Jessicalynnm,

How nice of your boyfriend to give you his white iPhone 4 with 16 GB of memory.  This guy sounds like a winner. I've got great news, there is no cost to switch to your boyfriends iPhone 4.

For steps on how to activate the iPhone please visit http://vz.to/U3yVGV.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
                  VZWSupport
                  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.