Droid Bionic Battery
SadieBelle0401
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the battery only lasting 2 hours since the new Motorola update? com.motorola.blur.home is burning up my battery. Did reboots and empty cache.

Re: Droid Bionic Battery
B33
Legend

I would try a Factory Reset So it can Clear the Apps and put them fresh on the New OS they should be adaptable to Jelly Bean but you might have some old apps that cannot update so i would Do this the very first thing Do a Clearing of the System Cache you can then see if the phone does a little better if Not Factory Reset it..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SadieBelle0401!

There's not a whole lot worse than running out of battery at very unexpected moments. So, let's keep you charged throughout the day.

Now, it's definitely odd that your battery has only been lasting two hours since the last update considering new issues shouldn't be presented. Do you charge your phone all the way through without a problem and then it only lasts two hours? If so, while it could be a battery issue itself, I would recommend enabling safe mode to disable third party apps so you can see if an app is impacting your battery http://vz.to/mX5mec . If that doesn't work, please try a hard reset after backing up important information http://vz.to/nExWmP . Let us know how it goes.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

On top of the FDR or Cache wipe (although in this case I would do the FDR, you can try disabling a lot of the Bloatware that is put on the phone.  After you do the FDR do NOT set up Backup Assistant as all it takes if for BUA to get into a loop because it will NOT completely sync your contacts and it is running for hours (this happens all of the time)

You will want to disable apps like these (if you do NOT use them)

Amazon Kindle

Amazon MP3

Backup Assistant (any version)

V Cast Apps

Facebook (unless you use it)

Google Play Books

Google Play Movies

Google Play Music

Google +

MOG Music

My Verizon Mobile

Netflix

NFL Mobile

QuickOffice

Slacker Radio

Slingbox

Smart Actions (this app does nothing to help you save battery and actually uses more battery as it is another app to automate doing things on the phone so while you are not doing the thing ont he phone, th eapp is so battery is always running harder then it should)

Swype

Verizon Video

VZ Navigator

B33 also has a Battery Guide that is very helpful

B33
Legend

Hey Jake thanks for Posting that List I knew most of them could cause issues but that's Quite a bunch.. Thanks again.. b

0 Likes
ZonieB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Replacing the original battery with one manufactured by Motorola (available online for $50) helped my Bionic.  My hubby, however, replaced his Bionic with a Droid Maxx -- four times the cost plus a plan change that eliminated our unlimited data option.  Not worth losing that.  Try the replacement battery. 

2nd3series
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my Motorola DROID4, ie my battery only lasts 2 hours or less and an overnight charge on AC adapter does not charge the battery.  The Battery app shows `com.motorola.blur.home` consuming 45% of the battery ....

Could it be that my battery simply needs replacement ?   My DROID4 is an old lady...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having battery issues is no fun 2nd3series. The battery may need to be changed or it could be the phone thats causing battery issues. You may need to close or remove some of the apps that are causing the battery to deplete faster. You can take both battery and charger to the corporate store location to have a hands on evaluation. Have you tried another battery or charger for the phone? Is there any damage to the phone or charging port?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes