BB Bold browser cannot send email via m.verizon.net
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

My company gave me a Blackberry 9930 Bold for company email.   I would like to use its browser to access my personal home email on verizon.net.

Using the blackberry browser, I can go to m.verizon.net, log in (with some difficulty)  and see some personal email on [my account]@verizon.net, but it will not let me send or reply successfully.  ON another forum, the Vz help folks say that Vz does not "support" the blackberry browser.

I went to an Apple store and used its Safari browser to go to m.verizon.net and log in to [my account]@verizon.net, and I see that m.verizon.net works 100% on an iPhone and will send email.  Same when I tested on a Samsung Galaxy using Android.

But not on a blackberry bold using its native browser?

(By the way, the Blackberry Bold 9930 happens to be a Verizon Blackberry.)

Is there a solution to this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Bold browser cannot send email via m.verizon.net
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My solution would be to set up an email account for your verizon.net email on the BB, and not use the browser to access it.  When I had my Bold 9650, I had several email accounts set up, and I could send and receive from those accountsdirectly.  (AOL, Gmail, and several domain specific email addresses I used for business).

IMHO, accessing an email account on a smartphone via a web browser is clunky - and especially on a BlackBerry, which is intended for email access directly.

0 Likes
glnz

Susy - clunky it is!  But I don't wish to download my personal emails to my company blackberry, and I want to keep my personal emails 100% private.  That's why I would prefer to access and send them via the BB browser.  (That's OK with my company, who told me they are not blocking access to m.verizon.net in any way.)

I am amazed that Blackberry and Verizon think it's OK for Verizon to discriminate against Blackberries and to favor iPhones and Androids in this way.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other option, since the BB Native browser doesn't want to cooperate, is to download and use Opera Mini or another browser to access the email.  Your reason for doing so via a browser makes sense to me... so trying another browser may be the workaround you need.

0 Likes
glnz

Susy - Tried the Opera Mini and I have the same problem - cannot send.

Also, I was unable to get Bolt to work - error messages.

Do you know whether there is an IE, Chrome or Firefox for Blackberry Bold 9930?  As far as I can tell, the answer is No.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What error message do you  get when trying to reply or send an email via the m.verizon.net website? 

0 Likes
glnz

Actually, there are no error messages at all.  After hitting Send, I am put back to my Inbox page with the new legend "Email Sent Successfully".  Except that is not true.  The email was not actually sent - it never arrives.  Also, if I check the Sent folder, nothing is there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Glnzglnz,

Thanks for reaching out! The BB 9930 is one of my favorite devices. I know it has to be a little annoying not to get your Verizon.net email account on your device.  From what I read this is a company provided device. Most of the time, companies IT teams will block Blackberries from getting personal email accounts on the device.  This is due to security settings that they would not want breached.  I would recommend reaching out to your IT team for assistance.  I hope this information helps out.

Thanks,

BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

BobbyS_VZW:  Thanks for your thought.  Already spoke with my company IT.  They are not blocking any web site at all.  I can go to any website on my 9930 browser.

In fact, I have successfully logged on to a number of web sites with security, including my accounts at New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Amazon and eBay, and done things - no problem.

Verizon.net emails is the ONLY site that does not work with the blackberry browser.

For a few days, I could see my Inbox but not Send or Reply.  Today, I cannot even do that.

If you have a company BB 9930 and a personal verizon.net email name, can you try to access your personal email on your bb browser by going to m.verizon.net, and can you reply or send email?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@glnzglnz

Thanks for confirming with your IT that they are not blocking the site.  Try typing this exact link: http://m.verizon.net.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes