Samsung Galaxy S4 - Question about Icons at top
AndroidOnly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my Galaxy S4 last night.  It is a very nice phone.  I have a question that Verizon nor Samsung technical support could answer.  Both did not have the Verizon S4 available and neither had a manual.  So I want to see if others see the same behavior I am seeing.  When on a wireless network I still see the icon for the wireless connection but also still see the icon for 4G LTE.  On my Droid x2 and the 3 other iPhones in my house, when a connection is made to a wireless network the icon indicating the cellular connection disappears.  Anyone that has activated their S4 see both wireless and 3G or 4GLTE when connect to a wireless network? 

I have attached an image to show what I am seeing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Question about Icons at top
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably have both on. Were you getting a picture text message at the top or does it display like that all the time? It will also behave like when there is a system update and the phone is getting the information.

What happens if you turn off the phone data from the settings menu?

Also the full user manual is available online or you can call Samsung and ask for a printed copy be sent to you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AndroidOnly
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I go to settings, mobile networks I can turn off Mobile Data and the icon goes away.  Isn't this supposed to happen automatically?

I was not getting a picture text nor was an update occurring.  It has been in that state since I activated it yesterday at 7:00 PM.   

I can't find the user manual for the Verizon manual in PDF format.  Can you point me to it?

Thanks Ann

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://www.samsung.com/us/guide-to-galaxy-smart-devices/galaxy-s-4-smartphone.html?cid=ppc-

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LAMMBO

Actually I have noticed that also. Has both icons but when searching or downloading the wi-fi is the only one moving. Not sure way both are showing up tho. Good Question

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have the Samsung Fascinate and both Icons are displayed on top, and the one in use is the one that shows activity.  This might be the setup for most Samsung smart phones

0 Likes
bucherj

I also had same two icons displayed when mobile data was enabled.  After establishing "home" under settings> more tab @ top>location services>my places; and Car differentiation, I no longer have both WiFi Fan and 4G showing all the time.

this works for me and is far easier than manually enabling/ disabling the mobile data each time I leave home/ return.

Now phone knows which connection triggers the specific connection. 

please note: it did not change displayed icons when I only had home defined as my Wifi connection.... only after establishing car's bluetooth as a second trigger----- did the dual icons stop showing on the top.

Hope this works for you as well.

0 Likes