Cannot open message; Message is currently being sent...
parnstein

I have two "hung" messages in my Droid Bionic email Outbox (ATT is the email service provider for this account).  They don't appear to functionally impair phone email use, but the "permanent" error icon is driving me crazy. 

Both messages were already sent earlier - one being this past March 4.  I get the exclamation point-in-the-triangle icon.  The related error message reads: "Cannot open message.  Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened."

The message originally sent March 4 re-appeared as a hung outbound message around the same time I updated to Android 4.1.2 (a few weeks ago).  Maybe that was just coincidental.  I have no problems with the other 3 email accounts for which I use this phone as a client.  All three of those have non-ATT email service providers, if that has any relevance. 

The ATT email account works fine on my lap top using Outlook as the client, and it works fine going directly to the account online.  Which is why I assume the problem is with the phone and / or Android.  The "unsent message" items I have come across in the support forums deal with text messages or if dealing with email, appear to be concerning issues other than the one I am experiencing.

"Out, ****** spot! Out, I say!"   How do I get rid of the error message?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot open message; Message is currently being sent...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a pretty strange situation, Parnstein. However, I believe that there is a simple solution. Try removing the email account from your device. Go to Settings>Accounts>Select the account and remove. Once this is done you may immediately add the email account back on to your phone. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MichouAVL

I have the same issue and it bothers me as well. I can't open to delete with the same message as parnstein.

0 Likes
MichouAVL

I did what you suggested and now I can't get my .mac account back on.

0 Likes
BigChuckPGH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem for weeks and weeks, then I discovered this solution by accident:

Go into Airplane Mode and then delete those messages. It worked for me.

Good Luck!

buck500

Thanks I had the same problem and this worked. If you delete your account you delete all of your email messages and I unfortunately have important emails that I need to be active in my account. Verizon has to fix this Droid Bionic bug.

0 Likes
csasyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

The customer support answer is very problematic, may not work, and should be deleted or revised. [Verizon, take note!] This is a common Android problem and not a "strange situation". Don't delete your account! Try what several people have tried that was successful (and worked for me too) and was the solution offered by BigChuckPGH in August 2013.   I have a Droid Razr HD version 4.1.2. Thanks BigChuckPGH!

csasyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sdotyang
Enthusiast - Level 1

This solution worked very well! Put the phone in airplane mode and try accessing it...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-1-4-2-4-3-jelly-bean/261521-email-messages-not-sent.html