Can Xoom be put on PrePaid?
poooooooop

Can my Xoom be put on a PrePaid plan.  I get conflicting answers from a Verizon store versus calling Verizon.  What other plans can it be used on?  I have no Verizon phone, so do not want a Share Everything plan or anything with a contract (month to month only).  I can see the Verizon network on the device but can not activate any plan.  Also, do I need a Sim card?   Store says no, calling them on phone they say yes??????

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can Xoom be put on PrePaid?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, poooooooop!
I'm here to help resolve any confusion you have regarding the Xoom & prepay. Can I tell you how much I love the Xoom? With it being blazingly fast on the 4G network, you will not be able to activate it on prepay.
At this time, 4G and prepay do not work together.
We do have data only plans. This will work for you since you do not have a cell plan with us.
For $30 you get 2GB, $50=5GB, $80=10GB
you would pay $10 per GB if you exceed those data limits.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Tamara H.

0 Likes
poooooooop

Is there a way to check for SURE if my Xoom is a 3G device or a 4G device.   I think I read somewhere that if the MEID starts with 9900 then it is a 4G.  Mine starts with 990000.  Is there a link to check my device or do I have to call?  Mine is active now as a 3G device (no SIM card)  If I insert a SIM card nothing happens, but I may have the wrong card.  Which EXACT sim card does it take.  (I know what size, but is there a difference among them)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

can you please help remind us how to tell if a Xoom tablet had the 4G capabilities added to it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Hmmm, I don't know of a way to tell other than if you get the 4G symbol on it when you turn it on, and that would only work in an LTE service area.

To pooo..., have you had your XOOM since it first came out?  The only way that the tablet has 4G on it is if it were sent back to Motorola, they did the hardware update and sent it back to you.  If you bought it after September of 2011, I'm unsure if VZW sold them with the 4G hardware added already or not.  If you bought it used, I don't know how you would be able to tell.  I don't think that the MEID of a device changes ever.  My MEID starts with 990000, but I'm pretty sure that it did before the 4G update.  I would have to go home and check the box to make sure of this.

0 Likes
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to look up the Xoom options for prepaid service. I believe you can get prepaid service for this device. However, only prepay customer service will be able to tell you for sure. Call 1-888-294-6804

0 Likes
okiejones

i have the 3g xoom i never upgraded it to 4ghow can i activate it on prepay?

0 Likes