What happens when a blocked number calls/text you, and vice versa?
al2011

When you block a verizon number, do they get an error message when they try to call and/or text you? Also, if you text or call the blocked number does it go through, or is there a way to block you from contacting them also? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happens when a blocked number calls/text you, and vice versa?
Not applicable

if you use the paid usage controls for $4.99 a month the user can not receive or send to any number that is part of your 20 permanent blocks you have set up.

Normally if someone calls you they get a recording about the customer has a service etc. I have never received any notification of my texts being block or not received. The sender will probably think it was received but you as the customer will never receive the blocked senders texts.

This does not however hold true for the 5 number blocks which are free and have to be re-entered every 90 days.

0 Likes
al2011

So for the five free blocks do they receive a notifcation when they call or text me? And can you still contact them?

0 Likes
Not applicable

al2011 wrote:

So for the five free blocks do they receive a notifcation when they call or text me? And can you still contact them?

For the free, you can call a blocked number on your 5 list. They get a recording when they call you.

As I said I never received any notification of a text message. I know a friend of mine once said he texted me but I never received it. He has said on one occasion his text would not send to me, however that could have been a carrier (sprint) issue. he had sent a text to voice to my home number which had to cost him extra but my reply back was free to me.

I just cannot say 100% that a error message goes to those on a text block. Sorry

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

al2011 wrote:

When a number is blocked, if the person has Verizon service, they'll receive a red X and a message "Delivery failed. Invalid destination or service blocked at destination".  They also receive a text message alert  "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner."  If they are a non-Verizon subscriber, the message will appear as sent, but it won't be delivered.  For calls, they will hear "The number that you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of this call. Switch XXX" whether they have Verizon or another carrier.

al2011

Okay thank you. What happens when you try to call or text them?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't mean to be snarky, but if you don't want them calling/texting you, why would you want to call/text them?

If you are using the 'five free blocks', it doesn't affect you calling or texting them, only them calling/texting you.  If you have Usage Controls on your phone, the Account Owner could restrict your outgoing calls/texts as well as incoming calls/texts.

rapreston

Question?  I am confused.  Please help?  If a blocked number calls my phone, does it register as an "unavailable" missed call?  Will I know when a blocked number is calling me?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rapreston wrote:

... If a blocked number calls my phone, does it register as an "unavailable" missed call?  Will I know when a blocked number is calling me?

No, you will not know the blocked number is trying to call - it's blocked before it reaches your phone.

0 Likes