WHY the Rezound won't receive Jelly Bean??
excelon
Enthusiast - Level 1

We received word (a while back) that the HTC Rezound WILL NOT receive Jelly Bean, and all I could think of is WHY??? This phone was carried by Verizon from December 2011 through Jan 2013 (ish), and Jelly Bean was announced in June of 2012. The phone is more than capable of handling this update, and furthermore HTC pledged to keep their devices updated for 18 months (anyone remember that!!????).

So far I've been dissatisfied at the lack of support from HTC and Verizon, ICS took FOREVER to get updated and it still has known bugs up to this date that have not been fixed.

So... What's the deal Verizon/HTC???  I want to know why has HTC decided to leave us out in the cold for their top model (at the time).

0 Likes
Re: WHY the Rezound won't receive Jelly Bean??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe it was HTC that made that decision and not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Clifford427

I would like an answer as well. As Ann has stated, it may have been HTC who decided not to come out with an update, but we need clarity on that. HTC has been very secretive about development. They barely put out notices on the ICS update, when it was coming, or why it was delayed. Now they wont say if the Rezound is event being considered for a JB update. I doubt it is because they want to use that as a selling point for a new phone. The problem is that that the Rezound is barely over a year old. I am not please with the way HTC handles after purchase support and will most likely not be getting another HTC which is sad, as I am pleased with their hardware and value. I was so impressed initially that I convinced my wife and mother to get one. Now I will likely go with a Samsung on the next upgrade, or maybe buy a Google Nexus outright. At least then its running raw Android and will be easy to keep up to date. Few things get my blood boiling like being strung along, and HTC does a good job of keeping it a a boiling point.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I hear you! The same goes for Sense 4.0, 4.1 and 4.5! Without going, there let's just say Android 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 (on non-Sense Roms), and Sense 4+ (on ICS Roms) run just fine on the Rezound. If Verizon requested Sense 4+ and/or Android 4.2.2 for the Rezound, it would have been in the works.

0 Likes
chamoix

Why does no one from Verizon every respond to questions like this? (For example why wifi calling is not supported even so it is feasible technically and would actually really improve customer experience). We are all paying customers and at a minimum we deserve to be informed about these policies, even if we happen to no to agree.

0 Likes