6 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2014 5:18 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Order Pending Switch Device

I switch my device's often sometimes because I like both iOS and Android but this time when I switch back to the Android it says Pending and usually before there was no wait time to switch between both now its pending status and grayed out

Whats wrong?

• 1. Re: Order Pending Switch Device

Off the top of my head, I would say that the system will only allow a phone switch a limit of times. There is no reason just to switch between android and ios at regular times.  Verizon has to change meid numbers from those devices over and over, and quite frankly that was not what the service was made for. I believe it was to change a old phone to a new phone, or to place a phone on their network from an upgraded phone or from a damaged device. It was not designed to keep switching phones back and forth.  Either select the os you like the best and stick to it. Or get another line and have both ios and android on your account. New lines cost money. Point to ponder.

• 2. Re: Order Pending Switch Device

I was told by a VZW rep on here that you can switch between devices up to four times in a billing cycle. I have only once switched that many times in a billing cycle without trying to switch for the fifth time.

• 3. Re: Order Pending Switch Device
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hey there markjcaye. Thats awesome that you like both iOS and Android and I agree sometimes it is cool to get the best of both worlds.  I am sorry for the trouble you are having switching back to Android and I would like to further investigate that for you.

Do you have a future dated order in the system? For example, do you have a plan change set to take effect on the first day of your next billing cycle? Before we can activate the phone we need to cancel the future dated order before the activation can process in our switch.

It could have also been temporarily stuck in the switch, which means that multiple devices were trying to activate at the same time which just slowed down the activation process.

If you are still having issues activating the device, please let me know and we will continue to assist.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

• 4. Re: Order Pending Switch Device

I have this same exact problem.  I switched my line from an Iphone 5 on 3/30/13 around 7pm to my old Tbolt 4G.  I didn't change anything and 4G worked on that phone within 5 mins.  Now I gave my Iphone 5 and they activated the next day no problem after the reset the next morning.  Now they gave me their old phone which is a Droid Bionic and I've been checking online and I can't switch phones cause that Tbolt even though it works perfectly is still stuck in "pending order."

• 5. Re: Order Pending Switch Device

I'm having this same issue, except that I lost my phone and tried to switch to an old phone but I have no service and it is pending for about 2 days now.

• 6. Re: Order Pending Switch Device
                    Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I am so sorry to hear about your lost device. We want to you have a device you can use. What type of device are you trying to activate? If it is a 4G device please try and remove the SIM and reinsert the SIM and try to activate again. If the device is a 3G device please power cycle (on/off) the device and dial *228 and option 1 once the device powers back on.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport