What phone did you have before the RAZR MAXX HD? Possibly an iPhone?
I'm having problems receiving texts as well since the last update. sometimes they come in sometimes they hang out for a few hours but they've just stopped showing up in notification and don't make a sound. I have to look for texts and open them up to find them. I don't have to do that for gmail. It pops up and notifies me when I have mail.
Is Verizon, razrmax going to fix this texting thing without me having to reboot and lose all my contact information?
I have been having the same text issue since the update. I will stop receiving text messages. I did notice that when i pluged it up last night to charge that the messages all came through. Please help!
Why would rebooting the phone lose all your contact information? Are you thinking that you need to do a "Factory Reset"?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Have you performed a System Cache wipe since the JB update? I would try it, it will not wipe your phone, you will not lose anything. If you are going to do this, make sure you follow the instructions exactly, as failure to do that could wipe the phone by accident.
Turn the phone off and perform Clear Partition. Clearing the partition will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
- Power the phone down.
- Hold the volume up and down and power key down all at the same time until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu. This should happen within a couple of seconds.
- Press the volume down key until "Recovery" is highlighted. Press the volume up key to select.
- Wait until you see a triangle with an exclamation point in it.
- Press and hold the volume down key. While doing that, press and hold the volume up key then release them. This should put you into the Android system recovery.
- Press the volume down key until wipe cache partition is highlighted.
- Press the power button to select. You will be brought back to the Android system recovery utility when it is complete.
- Press the power button to select "reboot system now". Wait for the phone to boot.
Check to see if it cleared the problem.
Before you posted this information, I decided to call Tech Support. I had to wait a few but the Tech guy went into my account and reset my text messaging. So far it appears to be working fine. I will try your solution if the problem returns. Thanks.
My Razr Maxx is doing the same thing with regard to incoming text messages. I talked to tech support at Verizon and she indicates that the problem lies in the jelly bean app. She said it might take as long as a month before the next update fixes this problem. I am asking for money off my bill.
By the way...I tried the factory reset and that did not work either.