8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2013 1:21 PM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

What is Monthly Line Access?

marty91

http://gyazo.com/9d9a1051ef8c9d9aaa938b79655b2c13

When I go online to purchase the Note II at the bottom for the data plan it says the total is 100$ monthly and the plan that I picked is 60$ per month but then I see the Monthly line access at the top is 40$ per month. Is that a one time thing or what exactly is it and what is it's purpose?

• 1. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?
          Ann154

That sounds like the Share Everything plans. There is a data plan (monthly account fee including unlimited voice and text and shared data between the lines on the account) and a monthly line access fee. One of the data plan options is $60 for 2 GB per month. For a smartphone there is monthly line access fee of $40 per month.

$60 + $40 = $100 plus taxes and surcharges every month.

• 2. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?

Share Everything Plan:

Smartphone $40 (unlimited voice, unlimited text, hotspot feature)

Data Plan $50 1GB, $60 2GB, $70 4GB, $80 6GB, etc.

• 3. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Share Everything Plan:

Smartphone $40 (unlimited voice, unlimited text, hotspot feature)

Data Plan $50 1GB, $60 2GB, $70 4GB, $80 6GB, etc.

Actually it $40 smartphone line access

Data plan ( which includesds unlimited minuts. texting and hotspot ) plus data at $50 1GB, $60 2GB, $70 4GB, $80 6GB, etc.

People get this mixed up which is why the say things  like "$50 for 1 GB of data?" which is incorrect. If you look at the website the pricing structure is laid out very plainly.

• 4. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?
                rcschnoor

While I agree that the pricing structure is laid out very plainly, I don't see why it matters or that it even indicates if the hotspot is included in the line access fee OR the data fee.

It only indicates it is included with capable devices on the Share Everything plan.

So it appears I agree and ALSO disagree with you once again Brian68.

• 5. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?

Well the minutes and texting are 100% for sure listed with the data. I think it matters since people say "$50 for 1 GB OUTRAGEOUS!" Well it's not. That's saying the minutes and texting have zero value. Since the non phone data plans on tablets and mi-fi/dongle is $40 cheaper for the same amount of data it's logical to conclude that the minutes/texting are a $40 value. And if that's the case then 1 GB is really only $10.

• 6. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?

So, what happens if you have a basic phone with no data plan?  You get line access but no minutes and no texting?

• 7. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?

jimfitzgerald wrote:

So, what happens if you have a basic phone with no data plan?  You get line access but no minutes and no texting?

You can get 700 minutes for $10. The data and texting is pay as you go.

• 8. Re: What is Monthly Line Access?
                        Verizon Wireless Customer Support

marty91m, I'm excited to hear that you're purchasing the Samsung Note II. That's an awesome device. I can definitely address your calling plan concerns. The Share Everything plan gives you Unlimited Talk and text messaging with 2GB of data allowance for a total of $100.00 per month. The calling plan is $60.00 plus the monthly access fee of $40.00 for one line of service. As a result, your "total" monthly access fee for this plan will be $100.00 per month. Click for details about our plans, http://bit.ly/xdDajD

Lasina_H
                        VZW Support
                        Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT