3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 1:25 PM by SydneyK RSS

BLUETOOTH AND HEARING AIDS

srickert

HOW DO I REGISTER MY HEARING AID DEVICE WITH MY 4S PHONE. I ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY INFO UNDER THE SEARCING DEVICES. I HAVE TURNED ON BLUTOOTH AND HEARING AID SETTINGS, AND NOW IT DOESN'T LOCATE WHEN SEARCHING.

• 1. Re: BLUETOOTH AND HEARING AIDS
          Lexi-1977

Wow I so have the same problem I even went to verizon and they could not figure out how to connedt my blue tooth to my Iphone 4s I have a new Jabra wave or ware not sure and they stated that I may have gotten a bad blue tooth

• 2. Re: BLUETOOTH AND HEARING AIDS
            srickert

Hi Lexi-1977,

Since my posting on this matter, I fixed my bluetooth link with my phone, and I will share this with you. I happened to look thru my hearing-aid manual and it describe my hearing-aids and phone need to be introduce together by pairing them with a code or password in your manual. My code was 0000 which needed to be entered on my phone. Ok, activate the bluetooth in your phone. The display of your phone should show a bluetooth symbol when the bluetooth function is activated. On my hearing-aid remote control I needed to hold the green button for about 7 seconds. The remote control changes to pairing mode. You have 2 minutes to finish the pairing process. Search in the menu of your phone for other bluetooth hearing-aid device. Your phone should find another device called (Tek Connect) control which was the name of my remote hearing-aid device. Your remote may be a different name. Choose this device to pair phone and remote control. Your phone should ask you to enter a PIN. My pin number was in my manual book with the numbers 0000 to enter. The remote control can only be paired with one phone at a time. After pairing, the phone and remote control "know" each other. When connected, the phone and remore control "communicate" with each other. When connected to the phone, the remote control will show an incoming call on the display and transfer the sound of your phone to your hearing instruments. Press the green symbol to connect a call and press the red symbol to end a call on your remote control for your hearing-aids. You can communicate by speaking at your remote control hearing-aid device without touching your phone. I hope this can help you set up your two devices. I hope to here good news from you soon.

• 3. Re: BLUETOOTH AND HEARING AIDS
              SydneyK

Yes, this is the correct way to pair and connect. Thank you for taking the time to post it so others can find a solution.