Yes, it's not blocked. However, the web-site (Clunky) didn't respond but they sent a text to my phone saying :"Welcome to Integrated Messaging", and at the same time responding on the vzw/vzm webpage with:
"This mobile number does not have permission to send multimedia messages and cannot sign up for this service. Please contact the account owner for this mobile number to change permissions."
They have given (at a cost) me a very nice web page to use for sending text to phone (But they have had that for at least 10 years). But where can I view a text + image on the web? In other words where is the web inbox??
1) Exactly what is the "that" in "do you have that blocked"
2) It is not a prepaid plan
3) Pixplace? - You see, this is VZW's big problem, you expound about "Integrated Messaging" but you don't seem to have any unless I buy a $500 phone plus a $40/mo (Data Pak, Line Access, or whatever you are calling it this month). If I cannot simply view the text messages that are sent to me from smartphones (including images) on the 'My Verizon" webpage, where is the 'integration?
4) Where and or what is PixPlace?
"that" is having pictures messages blocked. I have seen it as option to block in the various blocking features. The account owner can also block all text messages for another example.
I don't have access to the specific instructions for getting to pixplace. I haven't used it in years.
It might be worth it and faster to call customer service from another phone and have them check your texting features and reset texting from their end for your line.
You posted this in the basic phone space and now mentioned you have a $500 phone. Which phone do you have?
Lets back up a bit,
I don't have a smartphone, I have a basic talk and text phone and plan. What I said was:
"about "Integrated Messaging" but you don't seem to have any unless I buy a $500 phone plus a $40/mo (Data Pak, Line Access, or whatever you are calling it this month"
I have three issues:
1) When someone sends me an email with an image of any kind from a smartphone I get a text message on the dumbphone to go the vzw/vzm actually (vzw dot com/newpix-flix-message) which only displays the text message (no images) and is a very poor web experience. Even though my phone won't show the entire text message, why not:
A) Strip the images and send the text on to the phone.
B) Display the entire message on the webpage.
C) Convert it to email and send it on to me.
2) Why can't I simply log on to 'My Verzion' and go right to those pix-flix messages.
3) If my 'dumbphone' messaging experience with VZW hasn't been a good experience, how can I expect my smartphone messaging experience to be an improvement?
I can definitely see how this message you received can be quite conflicting. But hey, there's nothing too outlandish for us to work on finding a solution for. With that said, let's get started.
At the onset, it does sound as though you may have multimedia messages (pictures messages) blocked from sending on your phone. Have you ever had issues sending or receiving picture messages? My recommendation would be to login at http://bit.ly/xB4iTc , select "Change Features", and manage any blocks you may have setup (no need to upgrade your phone or your plan to remove a block). Additionally, per a couple of your other posts, I saw that you were curious if there's a service to view pictures online that were sent to your device via your My Verizon profile. At this point in time, due to privacy reasons, you're unable to view pictures sent via text as services available now online are for storage of pictures you may have captured. I hope this helps clear things up!
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
I thought I answered the 'blocked' question earlier. There is nothing blocked. I'm stuck with a very nice phone that works perfectly for text and phone, but I must pay money and log on to the internet just to read simple messages from my friends who probably just have a small bit-map in their smart-phone's signature. I really don't know because the only thing I can see on the 'fantastic' pix/flix website is just some real generic text...Even though our children love it because we are on Verzion,
I'm starting to hear Go Phone calling....Also I don't send picture messages, my phone doesn't have a camera!