Reverse phone number lookup in "People"
tdepner

I would like to enter the last 4 digits of a phone number and search for the person or persons to whom it belongs in the "People" directory of my Droid Razr. My old Treo allowed me to do this readily. I can do it online in the GMail cloud but not on the Razr itself. I am using android version 4.1.2. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reverse phone number lookup in "People"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey tdepner!

These devices are designed to make your wireless lives easier and shortcuts are a great way to do so. With that said, you ask a great question about how you can enter the last four digits of a phone number to pull up the contact.

Of course, your RAZR will be different than your Treo but we can still do our best here to help out with what you're looking for. My suggestion here is to launch your "People" icon. When up, you can select the magnifying glass to run a search. In there, you should now be able to search contacts much easier by their digits. Please let me know how that goes.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tdepner
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tdepner

One last suggestion; you can enter the last 4 digits while in the phone dialer, and your device will display any contacts in your "People" application.  Have you tried that?  Let me know.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tdepner
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tdepner

Your last two replies are blank.  Please try a different method to reply to this discussion on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tdepner

Don't know why my replies were blank. Here they are:

Reply #1:

Sorry, I should have explained why I need to search by phone number instead of  name. I often get a phone call from a number that I don't recognize (caller ID) and wonder whether I should have answered it or whether I should call back. A quick search of my "People" directory would help to answer the question. Be aware that all I have to identify the caller is the number. I don't have the person's name.
Thanks for your help.

Reply #2:

Thank you. That was the solution to my problem. Your solution is illogical but it works. I assumed one should search in "People", not the phone dialer. Suggest you add this to your documentation.
Thanks again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone number is already in your contacts, why isn't it displayed as a recognized number with a name attached to it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
verizonserfer

I guess there is no Verizon caller ID. I tried several apps but they do not really work well. Now just using reverse lookup feature from cellrevealer.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes