1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 11:17 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Billing system password?

unicornhearts

Nevermind how ridiculous it is just to get a new phone if you aren't an authorized user or if you don't have your account password (even though they have your name, ID, and phone number), but now I'm trying to activate said phone and it requires my billing status password, which I used correctly to procure a replacement phone when mine broke. Now when I enter it when prompted it's incorrect, both online and when I use the automated activation service on the phone. Why would it be wrong when it was right two days ago and how do I bypass Verizon's sadistic password policy to activate my new phone? I'd REALLY prefer not to go to the store because I've dealt with them twice already in one day and they are no absolutely no use.

FYI, my original phone's charging port was broken and wouldn't charge but has now suddenly revived itself. Maybe there wasn't enough charge in the battery to turn it on at the onset of charging? But the guy at the store determined that it was not the battery or charger and therefore had to be the charge port.  I really would just rather send the new phone back and keep the old one as mine has no SIM card anyway and I don't want to go to the store and have them transfer all my contacts over to the new phone, and I don't want to do it manually either. It sure would save a lot more hassle than trying to get my billing system password resolved.

• 1. Re: Billing system password?
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello unicornhearts,

I'm so glad to see that your original phone is working. Thank you for sharing this discovery. I know how much of a hassle it can be to switch phones. The last thing we want is a simple security measure to be a frustrating process for you. If you haven't already activated your original device yet then please allow me to be the one to assist in getting this taken care of. May I ask what make and model device do you have? If it's a 4G device then the equipment can be activated by doing a super easy device change on My Verizon and a sim card transfer. If it is a 3G device then simply send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the issue. I can get this taken care of for you. I'm looking forward to your next reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
          VZWSupport
          Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport