lost my phone.. can I track it?
annietcairn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG accolade however you spell that I had it earlier I can not find it! I don't know if it's on silent or what but I called it and can't hear it.. is their any way to track it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lost my phone.. can I track it?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to track a basic phone that I know of.

0 Likes
annietcairn
Enthusiast - Level 2

was wondering if I called customer service they could help

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt it - as tikibar said, on a basic phone there is no way to "track" it - there are apps you can install on smartphones that use the GPS signal, but those apps have to be installed and running or able to be turned on through your computer at the time you lose the phone to be able to successfully track it.

Those options simply are not available on a basic phone.

0 Likes
annietcairn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a smart phone as well but where I live it gets horrible signal...  the basic phone  actually gets signal ..and im paying for it.... i just dont know what to do

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have lost the phone, call Verizon to report it as lost so they can suspend service and no one else can use it - you can turn it back on again when (if) you find the phone.

Did you have insurance on the Accolade?  You can replace it for the deductible cost.  Without insurance, you'll need to purchase a replacement, borrow one, or use another one you may have (I know we have several older models we keep as "spares").

0 Likes
annietcairn
Enthusiast - Level 2

do not have insurance on that phone... it's used as a spare for myself whp gets horrible signal at home.. I'm hoping my mother can call Verizon for me

0 Likes