5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 6:55 AM by creditreport RSS

Bill that isnt mine on my credit report???

tgreene73

Hi guys I just received a call from the folks at Fema asking me why I never resolved an outstanding bill from Verizon that is posted on my credit report.. First off I never had any other verizon service but the cellphone I have had for the last 10 years or so and 2nd I didnt have a residence where there even was a landline phone in any of 2011 when this fraudulent bill was supposedly posted and lastly because I was never contacted by anyone at verizon asking me about this account. So now my question is now I called verizon with the info I got from the report and it appears it is a collection agency attempting to collect for verizon on a phone I never had, the problem is all I get when i speak to someone is "well we need the number you are calling about or "that is not one of our account numbers" ok so you have my name and address but cant pull up the account I supposedly owe you 521 dollars on?? Please advise as the quickest and easiest way to resolve this ASAP. this is getting to the point where I am willing to give up my cell of 10 years just because of the run around and damage to my credit Thanks