1 of 1 people found this helpful
Error messages are no fun! They can be super frustrating and they always seem to come at the most inconvenient times. Well rest assured as I am available and ready to resolve the sms error message. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Since you stated that it happens intermittently, does it happen when you try to text the same number(s) or is it random? Can I assume that you are using the stock sms app or are you using a 3rd party/downloaded sms app? Below, I have provided some steps for you to try and get this resolved.
- Confirm that the destination number is 10 digits in lengths.
- Verify how much device memory is available on the phone.
- Check to see if there is a software update available on the device.
- Delete any long threaded text conversations.
- Perform a battery and sim card pull (if it’s a 4G device) on the phone.
Once you have completed these steps, please retest the sms service for consistency. If the issue still persist then please keep me posted with your findings and/or any new info. I’m looking forward to your reply.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport