2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 11:52 AM by rikopus RSS

Verizon doesn't price match

rikopus

Been with Verizon for years. Great service, coverage, etc. However, I now have a complaint that will cause me to leave them when my contract is up. I purchased a GNote 2 for $299.99 with 2 year contract at local Verizon store. My last contract expired 2 months earlier. Less than 2 weeks later, the Note 2 was on sale at Amazon for $149.99 with a two year contract. Verizon will not price match or credit toward my bill.

Anybody have any experience with T-Mobile or Sprint as far as price matching phones?

• 1. Re: Verizon doesn't price match

Verizon is not obligated to price match. It's called life. If I buy gas at one station and then I see down the road at another station it 10 cents a gallon cheap the station I just got gas from isn't going to give me back the difference.

T-mobile not longer has subsidized discounts. You are required to pay full price for a phone.

• 2. Re: Verizon doesn't price match
            rikopus

I agree with everything you wrote.  I just wanted to know if Verizon's competitors price matched. Best Buy, Staples and others do price match.  I'll just go to them in the future.