DNA wifi connection error
dyloncornell

Hello, My Droid DNA will alert me when wifi networks are available but once i connect to these networks, with excellent signal quality, my phone will not load any internet. This happens while I'm home and out on the town, these networks work for other peoples phones and loads rather quickly. what is my phones problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: DNA wifi connection error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dyloncornell

The Droid DNA is a fantastic device and we definitely want you to have powerful experience with your Wi-Fi connect as well. There has been a software update that has recently been released which will cure Wi-Fi connectivity concerns. http://vz.to/Z6r7LG

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to bring them to our attention.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Petgeek

I've downloaded the recent update and still have wifi issues.  My phone will randomly disconnect from my home wifi and then will not reconnect for an hour or more.  It identifies the connection and endlessly states is "connecting."  However, if I select the connection the phone claims my internet connection speed is minus 1 Mbps (-1Mbps!) which is ridiculous.  None of my other wireless devices have this issue, including my wife's Galaxy S3.  She's home almost every day and never has the wifi cut out on her.  I've tried turning off the wifi and turning it back on, power cycling the phone and resetting the connection.  None of it works.  To make matters worse, I don't get 4G at my house and the DNA is slower on 3G than my old Droid X2.  If Verizon insists on limited data plans it needs to ensure the phones they sell have reliable wifi or it will lose customers.  T-Moble's prepaid unlimited 4G service is looking increasingly enticing...

0 Likes
lromer13

Verizon, has the update gone to all DNA users? i been waiting for mine for the last week and nothing. can you help? thanks.

0 Likes
bunkerdnoi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two Droid DNA and I have the exact same issue as Petgeek above.  Since the Feb update both DNAs randomly disconnect from home wifi and can't seem to reconnect using all the same above methods (stopping/restarting wifi, rebooting phone, etc...) Other wifi devices in the house work fine, including two HTC thunderbolts on wifi.  Phone claims internet connection speed is -1Mbps.  Then suddenly after a while, wifi comes back.  Extremely painful issue.  Any other reports of this wifi issue by DNA Verizon customers after the update???

0 Likes
nytq
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got the dna ota update, which in all honesty I did not need.  Phone was flawless before update.  Now glitches are poping up.  My home wifi disconnects randomly.  Software update and status don't work or are delayed for minutes. These are just a few things I've notices. who knows what else is not working properly now.

0 Likes
buick8dt

I am also having the same wifi connection errors at my home. My Incredible 2 never disconnected randomly, but this DNA has done it since I got the phone just two weeks ago. The software update says it is up-to-date. It is very frustrating, as it is incurring data usage whenever it drops while streaming music or Netflix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello buick8dt. I'm really to hear about the problems you've experienced with your WiFi connection. I connect to WiFi all the time, so I understand the importance of it working seamlessly. Not to mention the value it adds to your data plan.

In regards to your concerns, are you having problems keeping other devices connected to your WiFi network? How often are you losing your connection during 30 minutes of viewing a movie on Netflix. Did you see any improvements after the last update that was designed to improve connectivity?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
buick8dt

I haven't had a chance to check this message board in a while. I'm still having this issue. My wife has a new DNA and it is having the same issues. Home WiFi disconnects randomly over and over, usually while we are checking facebook or playing Wordfeud. Hopefully enough people will report the same issue to acknowledge it is a problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

buick8dt wrote:

I haven't had a chance to check this message board in a while. I'm still having this issue. My wife has a new DNA and it is having the same issues. Home WiFi disconnects randomly over and over, usually while we are checking facebook or playing Wordfeud. Hopefully enough people will report the same issue to acknowledge it is a problem.

There is an update available for the DROID DNA phone now that is geared towards fixing the SIM card error.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes