Gusto 2 alarm clock unreliable..advice?
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung Gusto 2 alarm clock has become unreliable, which is a luxury i cannot afford on my job for various time related tasks.

Does anyone have any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gusto 2 alarm clock unreliable..advice?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If the alarm is integral to you doing your job, I would not rely on ANY cell phone. I would buy a watch with a multiple alarm feature.

0 Likes
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Sydney, but I was under the impression that ALL the features on any product are SUPPOSED to work... they worked reliably since I had the phone (6 mo.). I'm wondering if this issue can be fixed; maybe a software/firmware flash or something? Does anyone know?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Have you tried a factory reset? I wish I had a more helpful answer for you. I've haven't had a truly reliable cell alarm since my 2008 Curve. I do hope someone else has a better idea. Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey paul_r!

Depending on my phone and the alarm clock going off has become a norm for me so it's now become a goal that I get your working just as flawless as mine. So, let's jump right in and fix it up. How long has it been unreliable like this? Does it simply not ring despite having the correct time set? And have you had any other issues present?

Now, I didn't want to just leave you hanging so if you can please try a few basic things. Sometimes dialing *228, choosing option 2, waiting for completion and then restarting your phone may help a great deal. This well help things resync with our network so we can isolate the issue. I hope this helps.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for replies.

EvanO_VZW, I think you nailed it. I did what you said 3 days ago and haven't had any more alarm problems! If I don't post back that means it continues working normally.

Thank you.